• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHat Size Sway Bar

Went to look it up and my 79 parts book is missing that page. I can tell you it's in section 2 figure 200 part 29

Went to look it up and my 79 parts book is missing that page. I can tell you it's in section 2 figure 200 part 29

I believe it's 1 3/4 but I need to be sure.....I know it's bigger than the Cordoba 1 1/8 for sure!

I measured the one in my parts bin and it's 1-1/16 dia.
Measured with calipers 1.0625

I measured the one in my parts bin and it's 1-1/16 dia.
Measured with calipers 1.0625

When I posted this I was at work, 22 miles away from my car......I measured mine when I got home and measured 1 1/8' I was sure it was bigger! What do the Cordoba's have?

I would guess 3/4 or 7/8 in the front and nothing out back.

I wasn't able to find anything new reasonably priced so I called Murray Park at C-Bodies.com (link below and was able to get the brackets and links that I need. I will admit that I was a little worried about sourcing used links but Murray assured me that the parts were in very good condition. They arrived yesterday and were just a good as Murray said they were!

If you haven't checked out what Murray has, here is the link to his website. I will absolutely go to Murray when I need those hard to find parts!
http://www.cbodies.com/about.htm

The 300 came from the factory with a front and rear bar. Front was 1 1/8" and rear was 3/4". Made them handle quite well for a big car. Stayed pretty flat around corners.

I immediately notice a huge difference in handling after my first drive. Now on to the K-Frame and Torsion Bar bushings!

Suggest Poly bushings. Pay close attention to the rear bushing mounts on the K frame. Many are in poor shape ( rusted).

Suggest Poly bushings. Pay close attention to the rear bushing mounts on the K frame. Many are in poor shape ( rusted).

The rear bushings on the K Frame is what I noticed prompting me to look into replacing them. They are squashed to the point the washer is bending. I am not a fan of polly bushings, it's not a race car and I am not an aggressive driver.

Auto Transport Service
Back