• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size thread is this?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know off hand what the size thread the seat belt attachment bolt is? I believe its a 7/16 and I’ve tried a few bolts but non fit because they have been painted. So I need to chase them out but need to know the thread size less I pull boner

IMG_9789.jpeg

Be careful, I believe that's a fine thread! Use a seatbelt bolt and check it!

I think? it is 7/16. Definately a fine thread

7/16 fine. You need to be careful though as this arrangement is an interference fit. Keeps the bolt from coming out. Don't remember if its the nut or the bolt, just be careful there.

Thanks guys. Yup I was thinking its a 7/16 fine by looking at. I also tried a 7/16 x 24? but it only started and got tight. I didn’t know this was an interference fit. This certainly explains things about the nut side (my wife would be thinking of my side of the family lol).

Bingo was this really floating around your head or were you looking this up somewhere? Lol
On the tip of my tongue, but verified in my reference book and then cross-verified in the Year One catalog.

7/16-20 is a common fine thread. Any machinist would have that off the top of his head.
I think (think!) the factory bolt has a shoulder so the belt can freely move. At least that's what I use on my five point harness.
(You could always use a longer than stock bolt, and use a locknut on the bottom of the floor. Did that on my harness too).

7/16-20 is a common fine thread. Any machinist would have that off the top of his head.
I think (think!) the factory bolt has a shoulder so the belt can freely move. At least that's what I use on my five point harness.
(You could always use a longer than stock bolt, and use a locknut on the bottom of the floor. Did that on my harness too).
Thanks I should have the original bolt’s somewhere in my parts box but needed a temporary set to install before the headliner.

Just measure where that hole is and write it down. Later you can feel it through the headliner and cut it open.

take a photo of where the mirror, seat belt clips, coat hooks, dome lamp go so you will know where the holes are. It’s pretty easy. I’ve never had to put screws in ahead of time.

Auto Transport Service
Back