• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size window setting tape?

closer9

Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
About to install new glass in my '67 convertible. Just curious what thickness tape I need.

The only thing I could find was 0.025" for a '70. I assume that would be the same for a '67, but hate to make assumptions.

Thanks!

@dadsbee mentioned .060, basically 1/16"

I went to a glass shop and they ripped me off a few feet of different thicknesses

Comes in about 5 sizes. You sometimes can use one thickness, sometimes fold a thin one to fit. Or use combination to make snug fit. No such thing as correct for certain year.

You asking about the windshield? 67's use a rubber gasket. Not sure what tape you're asking about.

You asking about the windshield? 67's use a rubber gasket. Not sure what tape you're asking about.
Quarter windows are held in place with setting tape. Rear trim on hardtop/vert door glass is as well.

Sounds like I need a variety or try to measure first and get close.

Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think of the quarter windows and suspected I was off base. I have spares from cars I've parted that I can try to measure when I get home tonight if that helps.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think of the quarter windows and suspected I was off base. I have spares from cars I've parted that I can try to measure when I get home tonight if that helps.
Thanks, but I can just measure mine and start from there.

I am planning to do my quarter glass in my 67 Charger and I found this YouTuber Paul Broenen who has very detailed restoration of his quarter glass with the tape. At 4:52 of the video he starts working with the tape and showing you how he was able to get the tape onto the quarter glass. He also has a few other videos I found helpful for the interior restoration. Hoepfully this helps you see how someone else replaced the tape you are asking about.

I did my A100 recently and used tape from "Rubber the Right Way"

1/16" tape is the one I used.

1690449282643.jpeg

I bought the 3/32" also as I wasn't sure which would work best. For the small cost of a bit more tape compared to shipping price, it was worth my while taking a hit on the tape.

Auto Transport Service
Back