• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What song can bring a tear to your eye?

I've found the older I get, it doesn't have to be just a song. My daddy was the same way.:lol: And you don't have control over it. (Thats the part I don't like, no control LOL)

It is well.
Everytime we sing it in church after my dad's untimely passing.
They say you can sing something into existence, most days that's a work in progress.

i’m a rock n roll guy , 50’s till now … the one song that saddens me is “cats in the cradle “by harry chapin … it’s a sad life story to often repeated. another good song that gets me thinking is “ ode to billy joe “ sad tale ….
Satchmo, wonderful world. John lennon, imagine

Stone Temple Pilots (STP) the song "Black", extracting myself from a bad situation in a relationship this was always on the radio. The lyric that gets me every time is;
I know you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star, in someone else's sky, but why? why? can't it be in mine?

On Eagles Wings ever since they played it my father's funeral mass as we carried his casket down the aisle. Died far too young just shy of 51.

Well, I recently watched the tribute to Taylor Hawkins by the Foo Fighters and others..... I watched literally with tears flowing as Taylor Hawkins' son banged the drums so hard to a song his father played "There goes my hero"...... All the while thinking of my own Father and I must tell you, I am glad I was alone. I am not talented enough to post that performance, but if you get a chance, it is worth watching.

Well, I recently watched the tribute to Taylor Hawkins by the Foo Fighters and others..... I watched literally with tears flowing as Taylor Hawkins' son banged the drums so hard to a song his father played "There goes my hero"...... All the while thinking of my own Father and I must tell you, I am glad I was alone. I am not talented enough to post that performance, but if you get a chance, it is worth watching.
dont know about tears , but the ballad of the Edmond Fitzgerald ...........

Stone Temple Pilots (STP) the song "Black", extracting myself from a bad situation in a relationship this was always on the radio. The lyric that gets me every time is;
I know you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star, in someone else's sky, but why? why? can't it be in mine?
Not to mess up your groove but that's Pearl Jam.....if STP covered it and that's what got to you, I apologize.
I only say because those phrases met me in the same circumstances in about 1991....

On Eagles Wings ever since they played it my father's funeral mass as we carried his casket down the aisle. Died far too young just shy of 51.

Great Chris Tomlin song. Will definitely be played at my celebration.
RIP to your dad.

Beach Boys "Shutdown"

There is no way a '63 327 fuelie Vette beats a '62 413 Max Wedge Dart Super Stock.

Lol.
Muscle car review reinacted that race,both cars on slicks like in the song,Superstock Dodge 11.77 Fuel Injected Stingray 13.57.

I remember this song from back in 1966, and it says a lot, as i was former Air Force.

......And I thought I loved you then....
Great country song, wife and I danced our first dance to that at our wedding reception. To this day, I remember how beautiful she was, how she felt in my arms, how she looked at me, and yep, I get choked up. I'd give everything I have to see that look in her eyes just one more time.
She sent an email to me asking me to pick out our first dance songs to choose from. I was driving the company van around the perimeter road at Bagram, when that song came on the radio. Seemed to sum up everything I felt and yep, got me all choked up. I wrote her and said I found it and one other one, we danced to both. Sorry, I digress.

Many good ones already mentioned for sure.
Let me throw a curve ball in here - prefaced by my stating as a general rule, I loathe
this band (and most of that 80's pop pablum in general).
That said, the chord progression in this song (yes, along with the lyrics) still hits me
in the feels - it's totally different from anything else they ever did and is still apparently
their most popular song to perform live:

I don't care who makes fun of me for stating this....I really liked Duran Duran and that song "Ordinary World" was great.
It didn't make me cry though.
There are a couple of songs that have moved me a bit but I'm not telling you friggin guys....

You're right it's Pearl Jam off the Ten album. There's a STP song that has a effect on me just can't remember it at this moment.
One I think that's been overlooked is The Guess Who and These Eyes.

Auto Transport Service
Back