• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What song can bring a tear to your eye?

hdwrench

Local time
5:12 PM
Reaction score
i’m a rock n roll guy , 50’s till now … the one song that saddens me is “cats in the cradle “by harry chapin … it’s a sad life story to often repeated. another good song that gets me thinking is “ ode to billy joe “ sad tale ….

My dad used to sing that song (cats in the cradle) to me when I was kid. Funny how life imitates art.

- Buffalo Springfield - For what it’s Worth
- Credence - Who will stop the rain (the remake a few years ago with Fogerty and Bob Seger especially)
- Otis Redding - Sitting on the dock of the bay
- The Shirelles - Baby it’s you.

Thats enough to wet my eyes.

My dad used to sing that song (cats in the cradle) to me when I was kid. Funny how life imitates art.
Written in a minor scale. It is sad before you hear the lyrics.

Last edited:
Don't stop believing.... the closing song we played at our Daughter's memorial with 200+ in attendance all holding hands in a circle.

Was the song that her and her other small town girlfriends always requested as the last song at closing time, in bars in Toronto, when they were going to University.

A sad story well told by a master storyteller!

The Star Spangled Banner, when sung properly and powerfully, can be emotional. Whitney did a fantastic job all those years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back