• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the Hell Is this Part

Runner 68

Tarnished Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
What the hell is this part and what is it for? My disassembly log from 17 years ago is vague as usual and I can't find it in the service manual. All I know is that it's from the driver side interior quarter panel / C pillar area. 68 Road Runner hardtop.
Any help is appreciated.

IMG_2759.jpg
IMG_2760.jpg

That part goes at the top rear of the 1/4 windows on the inside of the panel

Thanks guys. The passenger side is MIA. What are they for? I can't figure it out. Are they available? Are they needed?
By the way, the quarter glass is in and up in that pic. :D

Like so? Is there supposed to be one on the other side? What the hell is it for?

View attachment 1343361
I dont care what you do water will get by the glass rubbers, they deflect it off the rear panels so they dont warp. Put some plastic sheeting on the panels also just punch holes where needed and 3m trim adhesive it to the body. Or dont wash it or drive in the rain. I usually dont wash but wipe down with a moist micro rag unless it is real dirty and then water only as needed. Even here in F-N hot dry NM rust happens. Seal that Girl UP. Make sure the drains in the rockers are not plugged up, pull the body plugs and douche it down, blow dry with air hose. You will be suprised at all the mud leaf and crap after 50+ years.

Last edited:
Definitely hard to find but not unobtanium.......yet.
A used pair showed up yesterday. DMT should start making these.

IMG_2779.jpg

Those would be so easy to make with the patterns and the right sheet of material.

Auto Transport Service
Back