• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What 'things' chaps your butt!?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
Notice I said things....and not people lol.

Most stuff doesn't bother me much these days except for.....child guard caps. Especially the ones that have that dang ratchet design. The older I get it seems the less strength I have in my hands especially since Mr. Arthur Rightus is settling in but some of these dang caps are a royal pain. I have a couple of bottles that have caps where the ratchet top half has been removed but the new bottles are the ones that'll make me cuss! Guess a pair of dikes is going to reside in my night stand for them.

Another is the hassle of yearly state vehicle inspections. Several years ago I found a station that's easy to work with when needed but there were several instances where their 'dyno' was broke down (my 95 Dakota had to be emissions checked but not anymore now that's it 25 and now older) but the other day their computer 'machine' was broke down and he said it was probably going to be a couple of months before it would be fixed. So went to another place and their inspector wasn't there and when I asked when he would be in, I got the 'he ain't here' reply in broken English. Memories of state inspection being a royal hassle flashed over me and thinking here we go again.

You know what really chaps my ***?

When my *** is chapped.

Last edited:
Paying exorbitant property and personal property taxes on stuff perpetually for life (and AR is not as bad as many states I know). And especially paying sales tax on used cars. Does anyone really ever own anything, free and clear, anymore?

Calling a company to get answers and all you get is a machine with voice prompts. Very irritating.

Good thread Cranky,
One of my top picks is import auto parts.
Day in day out I have had to work with this fkn junk for the past several years.
We are selling our body shop this summer and I am ready.

You know what really grinds my gears,is trying to get an appointment at the registry of motor vehicles! I am trying to register my new to me Challenger, and since covid, you can no longer walk in and register your car anymore, it used to be first come first served, now it is done by appointment only. I work right next to the registry headquarters, and there are no appointments available there for the next month and beyond! The only available appointments are at other locations a half hour or more away! They are going to fleece me on the sales tax and fee the living schit out of me and I can't even get violated where it's convenient for me to do so! Rant off!

Paying exorbitant property and personal property taxes on stuff perpetually for life (and AR is not as bad as many states I know). And especially paying sales tax on used cars. Does anyone really ever own anything, free and clear, anymore?
Can't agree with this enough. Personal Property Tax is the single biggest frustration I have, and actively encourages me not to buy things.

I agree about taxes.
What gets me is college loan forgiveness (which is optional) yet people getting cancer treatments (mandatory if you want to live) nothing is said about forgiving their costs / debts.
Then there is the talk about reducing the national debt. Yet nothing is said about cutting "all" benefits being given to illegals that are in our country and eliminating the anchor baby process. Instead, the first thing that seems to always gets mentioned in those talks is cutting social security.
And finally the people that talk about things like this and when you ask them did they call their elected officials or do they vote they reply no.

The tiny print directions/instructions on OTC medicine containers, paints and chemicals…etc. Additionally, the poor color choices for the contrasting lettering and background, i.e. a yellow background and light orange lettering. Plus all the leagalise BS cluttering about 75% of the item’s label.

Wearing these effing plastic safety vests in 80 and up weather. Also people wearing the effing things and walking around figuring now a machine can't run them over.
The whole "mommy" thing in general actually. If a person is so stupid that they don't know a cup of coffee is hot and they might burn their tongue do we really need that person in society at all?

Notice I said things....and not people lol.

Most stuff doesn't bother me much these days except for.....child guard caps. Especially the ones that have that dang ratchet design. The older I get it seems the less strength I have in my hands especially since Mr. Arthur Rightus is settling in but some of these dang caps are a royal pain. I have a couple of bottles that have caps where the ratchet top half has been removed but the new bottles are the ones that'll make me cuss! Guess a pair of dikes is going to reside in my night stand for them.

Another is the hassle of yearly state vehicle inspections. Several years ago I found a station that's easy to work with when needed but there were several instances where their 'dyno' was broke down (my 95 Dakota had to be emissions checked but not anymore now that's it 25 and now older) but the other day their computer 'machine' was broke down and he said it was probably going to be a couple of months before it would be fixed. So went to another place and their inspector wasn't there and when I asked when he would be in, I got the 'he ain't here' reply in broken English. Memories of state inspection being a royal hassle flashed over me and thinking here we go again.
The first thing I do when buying a bottle of lacquer thinner, solvent, brake fluid or anything else with 'safety' caps is take out my pocket knife and trim off the locking tab so the lid is back to normal.

The "thing" that bugs me the most is paying more and getting less. Bacon is not a pound anymore, gasoline is 10% something else, homes are built cheaper and cheaper but we pay more. The list goes on and on.

Wearing these effing plastic safety vests in 80 and up weather. Also people wearing the effing things and walking around figuring now a machine can't run them over.
The whole "mommy" thing in general actually. If a person is so stupid that they don't know a cup of coffee is hot and they might burn their tongue do we really need that person in society at all?
This. I work for the government and have to wear a safety vest. Unfortunately, they also give the same safety vests to the homeless so that they don’t get run over when they scurry around like rats day and night.
I paint for the government, mostly schools. I have to wear the safety vest as well as approved safety boots. You know, the ones with steel toes and arches and thick cleated soles. To paint a school where kids can go bare foot if they want to. Those thick cleated soles have wrecked my knees because they don’t flex when I am on my hands and knees cutting in baseboards, so my knees bend in strange ways instead, crippling me. You can buy approved “running shoe look alike“ safety shoes, but they are the same identical soles and toes and wreck my knees. My boss has given me permission to wear “lab shoes”, which are plastic toes, puncture resistant soles that flex and don’t wreck my knees but I have to carry my stupid boots in the van in case Occupational Health and Safety show up for an inspection. So they can cripple me by forcing me to wear footwear that is supposed to keep me from being crippled.
There is rumours that they will soon also make me wear a hard hat to paint school classrooms.

A flame about that tall. My friend and I always used that mixed colloquialism of You know what really chaps my butt? and You know what really burns my ***?

watching the news, which I don't anymore. so much b.s. and propaganda:realcrazy:

Ever try to put gas in a 69 Plymouth with the gas cap behind the license plate using one of these great inventions?
10174222.jpg

I agree Sam. I bought one of those last winter to keep some extra gas handy during the winter in case we lost power and needed to run our generator. I finally figured out just last week how to work the damn thing cause it was stuck and wouldn’t open until I got rough with it - and then it finally popped open. :cursin:

Auto Transport Service
Back