• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would be fair.....

I don't know how old you are - but just an FYI - I stored my GTX in a garage for over 30 years while I traveled the country for work and the world for pleasure. Then I had some health problems and retired. On the bucket list was to restore or sell the GTX. I chose to restore her as she is the first car I ever owned. Bought it when I was 18 in 1971. It's a 68. So second owner. Everything was there but needed a lot of tlc. I went through it from bumper to bumper and now have a car that is quite worthy. I put more money into it then it will ever be worth but I don't care. It took 5 years to get her to the condition I wanted and now I just drive it and enjoy the looks and compliments. I also go to an occasional local car show. Do it because you love the car and ultimately want to keep it. If you don't really love it and don't want to do the work then pass it along to someone that will enjoy it. It's probably not going to increase in value so take what you can get out of it and move on. Don't let it sit and rot for another 10 years and then sell it. Do one ore the other starting with now.... Just .02 from someone who's been through the drill

Good for you.

I've got plenty of projects to last me well into retirement :)

mopardog i feel your pain brother. I agree with so many of the comments made already! I too have been struggling over the past decade (yes this is my 10th year into my build!). I've been to the edge and back several times. My project is constantly evolving and changing direction. I work on it as much as i possibly can, and ALWAYS feel like i'm not doing enough. Its beyond frustrating for me as well

However, for me its all about the fabrication aspect....i enjoy the build itself. Of course i want a finished product as much as the next guy. But at least i do get some satisfaction from the building process - enough to keep me moving forward.

I've also FULLY accepted the fact that i will NEVER see the money i've put into this thing (and you guys don't wanna know what that number is ) Some times i do wish i could go back and tell the naive 23yr old version of myself NOT to create the pro touring monster i have now, but rather just to leave it alone and enjoy it.

Lesson learned....just not soon enough. There's no going back for me. My only way out is to see this thing to the end. Hang in there bro, your not the only one on this crazy ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back