• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay?

Thanks for all of the input guys. We are a very reasonable shop that gets things done right. I know that those two do not go together very often but in an economy such as this, it's best to have something in the shop than an empty spot.

His plans, ironically, were a red roadrunner. The reason that the roof is the only thing in primer was because it was a vinyl top car. When the car came in, we stripped the rest down to see what was under it but it is close to priming.

So ultimately, I think I am going to agree that with the work that has gone into it and the rather nominal work that remains, he will be able to get into a nicer car at a lower price than one can normally find. When this car is out of the shop, if anyone is interested, we will have a space for anything from full restos to panel replacements.

Also, the 727 is rebuilt and I have a line on a complete 440. Thanks again for everything guys.

Looks like that car is completely assembled. I would think that doing new floors etc, you'd rip that sucker apart, and it looks like some of the paint was hand sanded off, Oh My!

Thats why i asked about the roof, the metal works done and only the roof primered, i was curious, a complete resto or just a quick paint and out.. It looks more assembled then disassembled on the outside..

We strip everything off the car to prep it for paint or to install new metal and prevent damage to any of the parts. We strip the body panels, reinstall, and set all of the gaps and alignments so everything goes together perfectly when it's back in paint. No hand sanding on this old girl. Roof got a new skin but the e-coat was stripped from it prior to installation. I do not trust e-coating, hence the primer.

Auto Transport Service
Back