• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would your spouse/significant other say what your character is.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Mine would have said (she's gone now :D) I'm totally different than what my friends would say. That's understandable since she was freakin nuts all by herself! Heard some talk show host saying that if someone wanted to know about how someone was....was to ask their spouse. Yeah right.....

My Wife loves me and treats me like a king. My ex-wife damn near hated me, hated my car hobby, and damn near everything about me. She had several names for me... I call her GONE!

Back in the day, I wondered what she saw in me. She was way out my league in the looks department, and two socioeconomic classes above me. Her words, "I always knew you would do what it took." Which often hasn't been pretty, but she has been satisfied with the results, enough to stick with me for 45 years.

Diane '69.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve mellowed a good amount over the years; some women wouldn’t have stuck around. But, there was something about my wife that prodded me to make a good call getting married, lol. A comment from a good friend years ago that stuck in my head: “I’ll bend over for anyone; but if I feel any penetration that’s it.”

Interesting topic cranky. :D
I'm scared to ask her after 45 years.

My wife has been with me and my cars for 50 years. I don't what that says about me, but it says a lot about her.

For the last 16 years he's said "You're much too honest to be a business owner."

I take it as a compliment. :D
You should take it as a compliment. You have a great reputation you’ve earned. Regardless of being a biz owner or not, dishonesty often eventually bites the bullshitter who keeps bullshitting..

Been married almost 43 years. She has tolerated my BS and my car habit including thousands of diecast. One of the keys is I show interest in what she enjoys also. Keepers are getting harder to find in the new generation

Just asked my wife of 41-1/2 years and she blurted out "having integrity" and "that's the first thing that comes to mind".

I wonder what she wants to buy?:rolleyes:
:lol:

Short of guessing, I just turned around and asked her....and prefaced the question by
saying "don't say "asshole" ". :lol:
She pondered a minute and I tossed suggestions...
finally, she just offered "love".

Reckon I'm with the right one finally?
Yep.

My wife says I'm generous so after a couple minutes she had to know what I thought her character was. She is honest to a fault. Meaning if your afraid of the truth don't ask her as she will give you the unabated truth.

I just asked my wife, and she replied "loyal". I then asked, "like a dog?" Hmmm
:asskiss:

My wife has been with me and my cars for 50 years. I don't what that says about me, but it says a lot about her.

Same here, we are at 49+

Three of us then, 49 here too. She's a much better person than I am. I've gotten a lot crankier and harder to tolerate over the years, but she's still putting up with me, don't know just why she does. Must be the cars! :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back