• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a good brand aftermarket rear swaybar for a 72 RR

PettyBlue72

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
I have decided to replace my stock rear sway bar on my 72 RR with an aftermarket bar. Trying to get the correct endlinks and bushings for my stock bar is becoming to much of a hassle!

I would like to stick with a stock diameter bar and would prefer one that mounts in the factory locations.

Which aftermarket bars are best as far as quality, ease of installation, fitting my requirements and are priced right?

I have seen Addco, Hotchkis and Hellwig bars but I am unsure of which one is best. Are there any other brands of bars I am unaware of?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Joe

Last edited:
Has anyone replaced or added a rear swaybar to their 71-72 B-Body and if so which one did you use and why?

I know some folks will give me greif for this, but I really like the offerings from FirmFeel. They have really good stuff in this area.....

XV for me. I choose their Stage II package front and rear so not exactly stock suspension anymore, but their sway bars are the best I have found.

I do think Hotchkis has recently gotten into the Mopar market as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back