• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a Good Reaction Time?

That's why drag racing is a tough game. Can't count the number of races I won or lost by a foot or less.

This is the program I use. It's pretty detailed. This was a good day. Won the event. Rd #4 was a bye so it's not shown. This shows what happens at the finish line. Sometimes the car was dead on. Sometimes set to go under. Even when my opponent was off their mark, the stripe was kept pretty tight. You have to keep your opponents guessing.
Doug
20200815_101923.jpg

kentucky win rd 2.JPG

kentucy win rd 3.JPG

kentucky win rd 5.JPG

Last edited:
Crew Chief Pro. It integrates with various weather stations. Great ET predictor.
Doug

I don't know what a good reaction is, but I know a bad one.
I went one whole season at my local track and didn't lose a race to another racer all season!

Redlight every damn race, either early or late round. Made for a lot of shitty drives home.

If you never got beat, you raced a lot of guppies! I learned at a local track that had MANY really good drivers.

I was a decent racer, but my point was that I beat myself, all season long!
Sorry missed that! As I've said I almost always lost the race, the car almost never let me down. The car usually gave me the dial in to run, the round to round changes were very predictable. All depended on my reaction time.

Mike ,
i would put weight as the biggest determinator . My plymouth will sit right around .100/.120 on a pro tree . But those little light weigt Capri's and Torana's smash me . And some will be running smaller tyres than me but drop 500/800lbs wooee .

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back