• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a stock unmodified Valve body selling for these days ?

rustytoolss

Local time
8:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for a stock unmodified 1968 727 valve body..actually , all I really need is the upper half with all the valves in it. My transmission connection passed away about 4 years ago. So what should I expect to pay for one ? 1968.

In Wisconsin I'm still paying $50-200 for a full working 727. I have a big block 727 here I'm never gonna use but it's a early 70s. Should be able to get one free to real cheap.

I would never buy an incomplete valve body. There are changes in separator plates and lower channel plates from year to year. If I were paying $$$ for a valve body, I would buy '71 and up to get Part Throttle Kickdown. Straight bolt in conversion, and you can't see non-matching numbers inside a transmission.

I would never buy an incomplete valve body. There are changes in separator plates and lower channel plates from year to year. If I were paying $$$ for a valve body, I would buy '71 and up to get Part Throttle Kickdown. Straight bolt in conversion, and you can't see non-matching numbers inside a transmission.
I contacted " tflite patty" he told me that I could add PTKD to my 62 PB 727, buy using a 1968 upper VB and mating to the 1962 seperator plate and lower1962 VB...and the the 1971 PTKD valve block would work with that modification. I would also need to install a 5/8odx5/16id bushing into the 68 upper VB as I would need to switch the rooster comb for the cable shift system. Has nothing to do with numbers matching.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back