• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats in your mobile tool box? B Body specific

I just found the orange box on EBAY for $10 each new. They say they are Mopar, but don't have the right stamping/sticker on them. For spares, they might be perfect.
I ordered 2. They are $40-50+ everywhere else. I will test them before keeping them as spares in the car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232005380209?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Just got these. They come from Mancini Racing. I'll let you all know if they actually work. If they do, good for keeping as a spare for $10.

http://www.manciniracing.com/mreelcoun.html

AAA RV insurance family plan. Both my wife and I get a 150 mile tow and three 50 milers each + cell phone, besides a small basic kit. With AAA always ask for a flat bed truck. This insurance is good for motorcycles as well as rv. Also good for the car and trailer, as I pull a restored camper or a trailer with a couple of bikes to shows sometimes.

Great flashlight, headlamp, test light and flex jumper lead. I also recommend some LED break down triangles. Trust me, I broke down with a triple black 69 Roadrunner and had no lights due to the poor design bulkhead connector. Was 10pm at night on Interstate 87 on way to Montreal. Talk about terrifying. Actually got out of car and waited on the side of the road because I was about 100 yards from the off ramp. Can't say enough about ensure your car is insured properly and you have breakdown stuff for the dark!!!

Pistol, box of ammo, and $100 in small denominations...and water.

Oh, B Body specific...ballast resistor. Nothing else fails.

Got a wash basket secured in the trunk with a variety of stuff, most already mentioned. Carry three extinguishers after the second fire. One halon and two powder. Spare, scissor jack. AAA Plus. Carried belts and hoses for over twenty years and never neded them. Carry a fender cover for when the well intentioned lean in. Cardboard to lay on to look underneath. B Bodies have a big trunk and its a good thing. With 2 chairs, luggage, and a cooler full of beer it can fill up on road trips. Always have radar, GPS, dash cam rolling.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

.357 or .45 ACP
that goes without saying I don't go anywhere without my .45 my truck has a back up 9mm and any other car I may go in gets the old .38 snub nose as a back up. My wife has her carry 9mm with her and a pocket pistol in the SUV as a back up nothing fancy as her 9 holds 18 rds

I carry lots of things with me everywhere I go! In the trunk I have my entire toolbox of sockets and box wrenches, and hand tools. My carb tuning kit with springs, jets and rods. I have a small case with a laser temp gun, multimeter, extra wire, fuses, bulbs, wire connectors, and heat shrink. I carry a couple extra spark plugs and wires and a distributor cap, a gas can, jumper cables, funnels, a small tire inflation compressor, a pneumatic jack, a few cleaning products, spray lubricants and paper towels, and nitril gloves. Also an extra battery, bottles of extra oil, atf, and coolant. In sure I'm overlooking a couple things buuuuuut, Yes, I was in Boy Scouts as a kid! "always be prepared"!

I carry the emergency phone number provided by Hagerty.

How's that gonna help you if you're stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone service?????

How's that gonna help you if you're stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone service?????
Good point. But I don't live/drive in the middle of nowhere. But, if I do, we still have pay phones in Oklahoma.

Definitely a fire extinguisher. With wheel tubs, a flat tire requires a tow truck. :(

Auto Transport Service
Back