• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats in your mobile tool box? B Body specific

I've got towing on my insurance:thumbsup:.

On long trips I throw a set of 3/8" drive sockets, a pack of nut drivers, channel locks, cresent wrench, wrenches from 3/8"-3/4", screwdrivers and a hammer. I got rid of all the problematic electrical things like the ballast so no need there but do carry an extra belt. I also carry a jump pack as well but to this day the ol girl hasn't let me down other than a fuel pump failure.

A stainless 410 judge by Tarsus can come in handy if someone likes your car more than you do ! Just saying, it’s getting crazy out there !

Ballast resistor, fire extinguisher in all three. Standard set of SAE tools, sockets, and a couple of extensions, plus two screwdrivers, pliers, needle-nose pliers, electrical tape and five feet of wire. In the Coronet, I carry an extra Mopar ignition box, in addition to the above. Grab the whole thing and stuff it in the trunk...I'm ready to go just about anywhere.

Any firearm you have with you is better than the one at home.

Hi Guys:

I'm putting together a B Body tool box for the trunk. Other than a 1/2 and 9/16, a few screw drivers, some duct tape, and pliers is there anything else I should carry? What about slime, or fix a flat?

Also, what is a good, effective fire extinguisher to carry in a car?

Thanks, and have a nice day, Bill
Extra: Upper/Lower Radiator hoses,Belts,BALLAST RESISTOR,Voltage Regulator, FUSES, Fusible Links, Fix-a-Flat, guage/dash bulbs, Thermostat AND GASKET, several #1157/1156 tail lamp bulbs, Pre-Mixed Antifreeze, Hose Clamps, an extra Alternator, roll of 12 ga wire, (electrical tape), One "longest" spark plug wire, a new TESTED ECU, (If you run elect. Ign), thread tape, Radiator Cap, Dialectric Grease, Anti-Seize, RTV gasket sealer screws,any extra OEM size bolts, and NEVER FORGET, "JB WELD"!
--Most of this will fit in one of the small black nylon Craftsman tool bags. That WILL fit behind or on top of & rubber strapped to the spare in trunk. Don't forget the good ol Wal-mart LAWN CHAIR!
-Not ALL of this necessary, and most will agree "That is a lot"! BUT, ALL OF IT can be stowed in 1 car- These are just what I've learned from exp what I WISHED that I'd had on me at one point or another, driving to-from shows, or just out hunting for Camaros..
Make sure it's secured ti where NOTHING can slide around in the trunk. Inside out dents are tough to explain & have to live with.

Hi Guys:

I'm putting together a B Body tool box for the trunk. Other than a 1/2 and 9/16, a few screw drivers, some duct tape, and pliers is there anything else I should carry? What about slime, or fix a flat?

Also, what is a good, effective fire extinguisher to carry in a car?

Thanks, and have a nice day, Bill

Screenshot_20220823-052721_eBay.jpg

I carry a fuel pump pushrod, an alternator, and a alternator belt. Will never need them again.

So lots of good posts about spares and key tools to carry.

But what kind of toolbox or container do you you carry the stuff in?

One post above talks about a nylon Craftsman tool bag. I have ended up using two Craftsman small tool boxes.
20220908_175307.jpg

20220908_175317.jpg

In one I put metric wrenches and sockets, and in the other I put SAE. Then I split other hand tools between them like a screwdriver (prybar), Phillips, plyers, vice grip, 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 ratchets, needle nose, channel locks, wire cutters, etc.

The problem is these two tool boxes are too small. Yet, I don't want a huge tool box in my car or truck.

What tool boxes or containers do you use for your car?

basic hand tools, some ignition points, condensers, and dist cap. and belts. And a couple quarts of oil. Been wanting to get a carb kit and a set of floats for the bag as well
I need to add a water pump as well.

I throw in my cordless impact and small floor jack in a case and 3 gallons of distilled water when I go farther than maybe an hour's drive.

otherwise I'll call Hagerty and tell them to send a hauler

Auto Transport Service
Back