• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's in Your Tree?

ws23jrt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
I dropped a tree some years back and cut it into rounds. The very first 18" dia piece I split with an ax revealed an old insulator inside. I donated it to our local forestry center for their museum.
Months later I split another log and found this second one.
It's amazing how a tree can heal.

IMG_0420 (Large).JPG

Found another cool piece in a pallet skid that came from overseas. A pine cone preserved before it could release its seeds. IMG_0421 (Large).JPG

Last edited:
I find stuff like that too but always with the chain:BangHead:

Oak tree was hollow 15 feet off the ground and squirrels lived inside. Ice storm broke it at hollowed area. Where squirrels went in and out the bottom of hole was a V tail was wedged in the V. No squirrel attached.

Leafs, bark, branches, a trunk, wood, along with some
acorns, pinecones, Birds, Squirrels & Raccoons are in my trees :lol:

I did find a 1" flat paddle drill bit in an Oak tree we cut down
not sure why it was in there, it was stuck in there for a while...
Since before I bought the place...
It was under a big rotted spot, in the trunk,
so "I think", that the former owner was trying to
relieve/drain the standing water in the tree trunk or
something along those lines/thinking...
:lol: maybe so it wouldn't rot as bad ?
If so... He failed horribly...

Last edited:
I always forget to search the internet.:rolleyes: This is kinda cool.
golf-ball-in-tree-2.jpg

Oak tree was hollow 15 feet off the ground and squirrels lived inside. Ice storm broke it at hollowed area. Where squirrels went in and out the bottom of hole was a V tail was wedged in the V. No squirrel attached.

983060137b6e2d40453f7335997d6cfa.jpg

I always wondered if arrowheads are found in trees when they are cut up.

Plows, steel fence post, log chain, nails sometime even old farm tractors.

I cut down this aspen tree, it was three trunks together,
DSC03027.JPG

Inside where they had grown together I found this rock that had been trapped inside the three trunks.
DSC03031.JPG

Last year the big oak blew over in my front yard almost taking out the neighbor's house. My 32" bar was a foot shy of clearing them from one side but I cut it in to rounds and gave some to a friend. Later that week he told me he found a 36" x 1"! all-thread in one with his saw, of course.
I have pics of it on a computer elsewhere & will post it when I can get to it.

I work for a sawmill and can tell you not many things are worse than hitting those insulators! The saw goes around them not threw... $1,000 saw gone in seconds!!! We hit nails, climbing spikes and bullets all the time but pray that we don't hit ceramic.

I work for a sawmill and can tell you not many things are worse than hitting those insulators! The saw goes around them not threw... $1,000 saw gone in seconds!!! We hit nails, climbing spikes and bullets all the time but pray that we don't hit ceramic.

I have worked in my trade as a millwright to repair band mills that broke. --Recall a guy grabbing me to get out of harm's way when a two-story blade was letting go. A big wreck happened and no one was hurt but we worked all night to put a new blade on.

my old dog Scoobert used to back his *** up to any stump he could find and take a dump on it...... dude was an artist, I have a pic somewhere

Last year the big oak blew over in my front yard almost taking out the neighbor's house. My 32" bar was a foot shy of clearing them from one side but I cut it in to rounds and gave some to a friend. Later that week he told me he found a 36" x 1"! all-thread in one with his saw, of course.
I have pics of it on a computer elsewhere & will post it when I can get to it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

my old dog Scoobert used to back his *** up to any stump he could find and take a dump on it...... dude was an artist, I have a pic somewhere

found it lol.......I never bullshit about dog ****

had to take this tree out when I built my garage, dude put one on it......hard to believe it's been 20 years

stumpshit2.jpg

Last edited:
Would you kindly keep your dog out of my yard?
image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back