• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats it Gonna Run?

Frank Mopar

Local time
10:15 PM
Reaction score
1/8 mile bracket car. 62 dodge, 3000lbs

RB block. 30 over, 512 440 Source stroker kit. 600 lift Crower cam, Trick Flow 240 heads. Zero deck, 2 1/8” headers. Victor Jr with 850 ATM Innovation carb. 488 gears and 31” tires. Answer is below. Pump gas 10.3 ish compression

Further down

3 passes on new slicks spinning through first gear. 3000 ft air density Keep scrolling

Answer. 6.64 @ 104.20

Last edited:
:thumbsup: mint about a 10.40 ish. Strong.

Frank, was this at Lancaster, or Liechester ?
Opening night soon ? Guessing this was you last year ?
0622211918b_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

The real question is........
How close is it to what you were hoping it would run?

Got any more cam specs?

60’ times?

:thumbsup:

The real question is........
How close is it to what you were hoping it would run?

Got any more cam specs?

60’ times?

I was hoping for 6.80 at least so that was a great surprise. I have a 1050 carb coming also.

I have to get the cam specs.

60 ft was 1.52 but she was spinning with the new tires plus this was the first time cars were on the track this year. Here is the time slip.
037CD1E6-8DDD-416E-84B0-56E5A6472097.jpeg

Not too shabby, congrats

I was hoping for 6.80 at least so that was a great surprise. I have a 1050 carb coming also.

I have to get the cam specs.

60 ft was 1.52 but she was spinning with the new tires plus this was the first time cars were on the track this year. Here is the time slip.
View attachment 1287703

There will be quite a decent gain when the traction comes around - of course final track tuning wont hurt either. I see some low 6.2s or better in the best condition.

Love those cars -

There will be quite a decent gain when the traction comes around - of course final track tuning wont hurt either. I see some low 6.2s or better in the best condition.

Love those cars -

i believe so. Few more runs to break the slick in then maybe some chassis tuning. I do keep good records which is good advice for anyone.

Tires are hooking after 6 runs. 60 ft down to 1.42 along with shock adjustments. Best was well, not sure as I had to lift and broke out anyways 6.55 on 6.57 dial on the brakes.

Car went faster yet at Empire with the 1050 ATM Innovation carb. Annular boosters. 1.37 60ft, 6.43 and 105 mph. I know shes a tad fat so baby steps on working that out.

New slicks not hooking? I've never experienced that, when I was running heads up classes, slicks were replaced every 15 to 18 passes. The class champ replaced at 10 passes. My car went 1.26 on new slicks, then would gradually creep up to 1.3 until I replaced them. Never experienced what you are? How long and intense of a burnout did you do for their first pass? Just trying to learn something here.

Oh, and congrats on the times. The car is moving out.

New slicks not hooking? I've never experienced that, when I was running heads up classes, slicks were replaced every 15 to 18 passes. The class champ replaced at 10 passes. My car went 1.26 on new slicks, then would gradually creep up to 1.3 until I replaced them. Never experienced what you are? How long and intense of a burnout did you do for their first pass? Just trying to learn something here.
I run my M/T slicks for two years still have 3/32 on them. I keep absolutely good data so I know there is no fall off. Start burnout in 2, shift into 3 and drive out. Although the smoky *** over heat the tire burnouts look cool I nevrr ever see better 60’s. M/T right on their site says little no burnout.

I run my M/T slicks for two years still have 3/32 on them. I keep absolutely good data so I know there is no fall off. Start burnout in 2, shift into 3 and drive out. Although the smoky *** over heat the tire burnouts look cool I nevrr ever see better 60’s. M/T right on their site says little no burnout.
Just asking, not challenging at all. I would heat the tires really well on first burnout, then subsequent were less than 3 sec in 2cd gear(manual trans). It could be a difference in chassis set ups, the way the car impacts and plants the tires, or something to that effect. On my street car, I used 10 yo slicks and was able to set a personal best with them, so there's that. My current race car is an auto that comes out really soft, then hammers the tires shortly after the 1 2 shift(4 gears used in a pass). Just like to learn and hear other's experiences. Never stop learning.

I agree. Whatever works. Like asking what kind of oil to use!

I have approx. 50 runs so far. On hot sunny afternoon, last run was at 3:30 or so.
1.3869, 1.3817, 1.3852, 1.3778, 1.3785, 1.3859, 1.3854. Also Take in the fact the car 19ft long.

You mean just under 17ft? (202 in)

Auto Transport Service
Back