• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth?

4speed68rt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
1972 440 HP2 Block, crank & rods. This is a "H" date block on the front pad and HP2. Casting looks like 6/5/71.This has the 6 pack rods, cast crank, it needs bored to .060 over. I think it is .040 now. I think it is out of a '72 'Cuda, but i'm not sure.
I put this motor together and put it in my car about 30 years ago. It started and ran, but was way out of balance. I had no idea about externally balancing the 6 pack motors. I wound up pulling it out and putting it in storage, where it has been ever since.

I might be interested in selling this, if I can determine a price.

Does it have the correct 6 pack balancer? Would be the most valuable part if it did. .040 over with issues, cast crank, not worth much imo

If it were unmolested it would be worth more. If your luck enough to find someone that simply needs that block it maybe worth something. But that's not me.

Auto Transport Service
Back