• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

whats the click under my dash????

christineman

Local time
8:44 AM
Reaction score
I have just got the 392 hemi 67 charger going and on the road.. but all the time about 2-3 seconds apart, is a click like a blinker flasher.. its a circut breaker someplace. does anyone k now of what or where that breaker could be?... its not the light realys, or the flasher, or the circut breaker under the left kick panel for the lights... so, what does that leave,, the heater works, the horn, signals, all the lights, wipers, where and the heck could it be coming from?? each time it clicks out, the amp gauge drops 1/8 of a inch, then when it clicks back, the amp goes back up that 1/8 inch, so that tells me there is a breaker someplace clicking out because of something shorted... anyone got any ideas for me to to look???

Did the headlight doors run on vacuum or are they electric?
My 70 Charger did that. The 70 models have electric headlight doors. The switch has a relay under the dash that clicked because it wasnt screwed down tight enough and wasn't getting a good enough ground. Maybe even the vacuum ones have some sort of relay that acts the same way?

It is behind the cluster or behind the glove box?

Behind the glovebox are the 3 relays for the headlight motors. It have something to do with the headlight hold open switch. There are some others on here with first gen Chargers and you could ask on the 66/67charger site.

It may not be a relay at all, it could be the voltage limiter that sends 5 volts to the gauges. It's a bi-metal strip that opens and closes, and if it's audable, it's probably failing like 95% of them will. This is an example of the part:
http://rt-eng.com/rte/index.php/RTE_limiter

-=Faster Is Better=-

It may not be a relay at all, it could be the voltage limiter that sends 5 volts to the gauges. It's a bi-metal strip that opens and closes, and if it's audable, it's probably failing like 95% of them will. This is an example of the part:
http://rt-eng.com/rte/index.php/RTE_limiter

-=Faster Is Better=-

Very good! Kind of forgot about that, mine is converted already.
If your voltage limiter isnt converted already best look into that before you fry some gauges.

Auto Transport Service
Back