• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the rush?

67 WS23

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
Finally working on my 67 Coronet R/T after too long. I bought it from the original owner in 84, it was 99.9% complete with the certicard and original window sticker included. The only thing missing was the pass side qtr panel R/T emblem. It's been idle since 97 when the tags expired but always garaged. Hasn't run since 06. Totally redoing brakes, fuel system, then rebuilding the 4327S carb, then I'll start it. I had rebuilt the carb in 84 but after sitting for so long I think it'll need it. The engine turns effortlessly with the plugs out and I haven't touched the distributor so it should start just fine. Who'd have guessed these B body cars would live so long?
20230128_134759.jpg

Wow that's a rare original in nice shape.
Check the points for corrosion.

Wow that's a rare original in nice shape.
Check the points for corrosion.
Yes, I'll go thru the ignition also. I recall when I last timed the motor in about 94 I had retarded the timing and put in a 160 deg t-stat to kill knocking. It worked ok but I never drove it hard. I will tune it back to factory spec. I intend to use leaded 104 in it when the time comes. I don't intend to register the car to drive so 5-gal cans of gas should be fine for occasional exercise.

I had a 340 Duster in the early 80's and ran an Edelbrock water injector that I used straight drug store alcohol in. I drove that car thru college upwards of 60k miles with the water injector, even thru NY winters. Since that part is no longer made I may just make my own simple injector.

I remember seeing one exactly like this in Shoemakersville, Pa about 12-15 years ago for sale. Same color, 4-speed & Dana rear. It was no beauty queen, but it was in pretty nice original shape. I should have seen how much they would take for it. Surely don't see these much. Cool car.

Auto Transport Service
Back