• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats wrong with kids today?

My wife and I just brought in siblings (brother and sister) to adopt and have a whole new perspective. These adorable kids were failed by their parents, an uncle, an aunt and then an adoptive family so you can imagine the abandonment and behavior issues all because nobody would man up and take responsibility for them. Just keep in mind next time a kid acts up at a restaurant it might be me lol. BTW My kids are very well behaved in public.:thumbsup:
Bless you not many people have the nads to adopt or foster kids.
:thankyou:

This was suppose to be a thread about a tragic incident were a 19 year old murdered another person over drugs. The truth is you could be the best parent in the world, discipline your kid when needed, instill values and everything else and your kid could still be a drug dealing murderer. Its like someone before said "a bad seed". Kids who act out in public places and throw tantrums dont necessarily stab others to death when they become young adults. Yes,it has everything to with illegal drugs and the culture that surrounds it. Lets save the soap box for another day.

Kids have to have structure and rules. Almost like the military, except with love. The happiest people I know were raised that way and still answer with a yes sir

we had four siblings one time that came out of the big city when their parents were arrested for trafficking drugs. The oldest was 12 and hadn't been to school in three and a half years. He was pursuing the same career as his parents and was getting very good at it. Afterliving two years in a structured environment with rules and Punishment and Rewards. He changed his life finished high school got married and has kids of his own. He isnt real successful but he's not in prison has a job and pay his bills.

There was a difference. Now it's all considered abuse
The nuns slapped the **** out of me and later on in Catholic High School two lay teachers hit me. One drew blood and the other dropped a small wooded oar that he had hanging on the wall in his office repeatedly on my head until i became dizzy and fell back. I saw the Brothers also dish out physical punishment, although it depended on the Brother. One had a kid by the neck and was chocking him. Now i will tell anyone who cares to listen and i dont really care what anyone thinks. My father was physical in melting out discipline well into my teens and out of part fear part respect i would never even think to defend myself, but there comes a time when enough is enough. Beating a child with anything other than a open handed swat on the rear end is considered abuse and for good reason. My kids all turned out to be responsible adults and the ones who have children are good parents.

well you hit the nail on the head Steve responsible parents is something that has been long gone and forgotten in society

This was suppose to be a thread about a tragic incident were a 19 year old murdered another person over drugs. The truth is you could be the best parent in the world, discipline your kid when needed, instill values and everything else and your kid could still be a drug dealing murderer. Its like someone before said "a bad seed". Kids who act out in public places and throw tantrums dont necessarily stab others to death when they become young adults. Yes,it has everything to with illegal drugs and the culture that surrounds it. Lets save the soap box for another day.
There are certainly black sheep in good families. But I think in most cases it can be traces back to how we were raised. It seems as though there is always some excuse and people are unwilling tof be held accountable. I do not think that pot is to blame, just another scapegoat, sounds like something my grandmother would say. I know plenty of old hippies who have seen, sold and smoked more in their years than this kid could ever imagine, none of them are violent criminals.

My wife and I just brought in siblings (brother and sister) to adopt and have a whole new perspective. These adorable kids were failed by their parents, an uncle, an aunt and then an adoptive family so you can imagine the abandonment and behavior issues all because nobody would man up and take responsibility for them. Just keep in mind next time a kid acts up at a restaurant it might be me lol. BTW My kids are very well behaved in public.:thumbsup:

GOOD FOR YOUR, no bull **** that is ******* awesome of you and your wife...

Any way something went amuck. Now some dumbass is going to want background checks to buy a pocket knife. Just wait.

I have to say I am not sure it is all on the parents? I grew up with a pair of twins 4 houses down, they were raised the same way, we all hung out together, all thick as thieves, but even when we were kids, sarris was a bit more aggressive and seyna was laid back, seyna I still talk to once and a while, he runs a business for his wifes father and does well for himself, sarris sadly passed away from a drug overdose when we were in our mid 20s (he was 26)...

So I am in the we are all different camp, but I am not saying he wasn't savable.. and maybe him being that way kept his brother from being that way... not sure, I work with my hands for a living not my mind, leave that to the studiers...

But I just think it is sad to see things like this so close to home, I know when ever something happens it is close to some ones home, but when I see things like this on dateline 2500 miles away it doesn't feel as real...

There are certainly black sheep in good families. But I think in most cases it can be traces back to how we were raised. It seems as though there is always some excuse and people are unwilling tof be held accountable. I do not think that pot is to blame, just another scapegoat, sounds like something my grandmother would say. I know plenty of old hippies who have seen, sold and smoked more in their years than this kid could ever imagine, none of them are violent criminals.
I understand what your saying but you are missing a few facts. There is a difference between a few kids kicking in a few dollars and buying what we called a nickel bag and smoking some dope and drinking some beers and a drug dealer were large sums of money are often involved. Illegal drugs are responsible for reeking more havoc on our society than anything else. The majority of people in prison are there because of drugs, the majority of robberies are because of drugs. More than a few families have members who abuse and are hooked on drugs and those members were raised in a stable environment .

Then the most dangerous of all drugs should be illegal....alcohol.
Sorry Steve....
People & fucked up morales are to blame, not substances. Been smokin' weed all my life & will do so in death if possible. Reefer is Not a drug.....I've run a gauntlet of substances in Life....walked the mile.....weed is nothing, alcohol is the worst.....the only thing ever ingested that displaced my identity......black out drinking is seriously fucked up ****. And alcohol & it's effects are accepted as mainstream normal society. Well I Hate Drunks anywhere near my ***. At end of day it comes down to the morales of the user..I knew a guy that broke into a circle K after hours for a ******* six pack of beer.......because he was an unprincipled, low morales IDIOT.

My dad was a bit too hard on the boys in our family. He used the belt and the stick in the laundry room. We had 7 boys and 2 girls in the family. Fact is - speaking for myself the more whooping I got the more I acted out. Went to catholic schools too. Got my butt kicked there to on a regular basis. I resented it all and acted accordingly. I don't disagree with discipline but think it should be thoughtfully dealt out - and a talk at the end wouldn't hurt either. We all turned out to be be hard working respectful adults - but I don't think it was as a result of the beatings.

Nothing good ever came out of heroin and cocaine/crack, HIV-AIDS, overdoses, crime, ruined lives. Alcohol like marijuana are equally descrutive when abused. Anything brought into the country or created in the country illegally is never a good thing. It all breeds crime and in the subject of this thread, Murder.

I understand what your saying but you are missing a few facts. There is a difference between a few kids kicking in a few dollars and buying what we called a nickel bag and smoking some dope and drinking some beers and a drug dealer were large sums of money are often involved. Illegal drugs are responsible for reeking more havoc on our society than anything else. The majority of people in prison are there because of drugs, the majority of robberies are because of drugs. More than a few families have members who abuse and are hooked on drugs and those members were raised in a stable environment .
I never stole **** for any reason, especially not substance. The reason the prisons carry a majority of drug dealers is because THAT is the politik of it....the system charges & convicts dealers, smugglers with more vengeance than capital crime.....FACT.
I dealt when I was young....weed, psychedelics, cocaine. NEVER Carried or Saw guns. I'd never sell something to anyone I didn't take myself. Admittedly, cocaine is where I got into trouble. And I did my penalty. But all aside, NONE of any of the **** is as bad as Alcohol. Been Through it ALL.
Drugs are in ghettos to suppress.....who do you think is running the opium fields in Afghan? & the mfg & global distribution to major points?
US ARMY. The war on drugs is a con like any other war.

We'll have to disagree respectfully as friends at times do. Abuse of booze and the results of alcoholism is something many of us have seen up close and often personal. No arguments there but i will say this that no alcoholic looking to buy a six pack ever robbed my house, broke into my car or put a loaded gun to my kids head in commission of armed robbery. I dont mean to imply nor do i think i did,that anyone who has been affected by substance abuse is a criminal, i see it as more like just another victim.

good to see that nuns and brothers were consistent across the world :lol:
had nuns in primary school and brothers in high school and they all liked to slap you silly at the drop of a hat
one brothers favourite thing was to give "naughty " boys "boxing " lessons( you always ended up with a bleeding nose or a black eye ) , wasn't till years latter that I found out he was a "golden gloves " boxer while in the navy before becoming a brother

Auto Transport Service
Back