• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's your favorite super bee?

What's your favorite super bee of all time?

• Total voters
Well I own a 68 so you know what my vote is.....................:headbang:
attachment.jpg

It would definitely be the `68 for me. Round side markers with real lights in them, the best grille of the bunch and tail lights beeten only buy the R/T & 500 models of the same year.

I'm partial to 69's

Attachments

• b2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 696
  • b1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 720
  • b3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 733
I like the 68 and 69 but I like the 69's tail just a bit more than the 68's.

Also have a '68 so it's easy for me too. Had one brand new also. But... I like all of 'em

bee4.gif

Last edited:
I like the split bumble bee tripe of the 68, love the 69 1/2 six pac lift off scoop, and the c stripe of the 70, and the charger platform of 71 was just cool. Thank's for the pictures guys.

1968 all the way. I've had 3 over the years and kick myself now that they're gone.
It was the "purest" of them all, sans gingerbread later years had.
True to the budget musclecar the working man could afford; pillared coupe body with pop-out rear side windows, the lightest and strongest body style.
Very evil looking car, too. LOVE those tail lights...and of course, the simple blackout grille they wound up using on the Charger 500 a year later.

I like the 69's because it has a solid looking side scoops and both hood scoops of the 440 6pak and the Hemi hood scoops looks real cool. Gives the car a mean and stocky look.

I know a lot of folks don't like the grille treatments on the 1970's but I always thought they look very aggressive "pi**ed off" looking and the bulge hood. It also helps that a friend had a red 440-6 4speed version with white C stripe...very sharp and mean.

I really like the 69-1/2 440-6pk Bees the most. Ron

I like the 69's- here's mine

Attachments

• rsz_falls_020.jpg
    rsz_falls_020.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 632
+1 for the 69's

I'm biased but just think they're the meanest looking of the bunch. Sorry about the crappy pic & don't worry, the tarp was very temporary!

Attachments

• 2012-08-14 16.09.23.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 637
One more for the 69

I am biased also!

Attachments

• super bee4.jpg
    super bee4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 621
Also have a '68 so it's easy for me too. Had one brand new also. But... I like all of 'em

bee4.gif

A quick question, since you're an original buyer of one of these cars. Out of curiosity, what made you chose it over a road runner? Slightly less spartan, you thought it looked better, got a better deal...didn't like the beep beep horn or, just liked Dodges more than Plymouth? They're fine cars, and these days there's no choice between the two makes. But back then there was and I wondered what made your mind up for you?

Thanks... (and any other original buyers are welcome to answer)

-=Photon440=-

A quick question, since you're an original buyer of one of these cars. Out of curiosity, what made you chose it over a road runner? Slightly less spartan, you thought it looked better, got a better deal...didn't like the beep beep horn or, just liked Dodges more than Plymouth? They're fine cars, and these days there's no choice between the two makes. But back then there was and I wondered what made your mind up for you?

Thanks... (and any other original buyers are welcome to answer)

-=Photon440=-

A couple of things. A young lady bought the first one in town. One night, she passed a buddy and myself. He remarked how good that car sounded. A month or so later, the dealer put a dark green/white stripe/ white interior Bee in front of the dealership. It looked great. I knew one of the salesmen so I stopped and inquired about the car. He offered me a great deal and that was all it took.
I liked the Road Runner also but the Bee had the rally dash which kinda pushed me in that direction. I kept it for about 12 years. In the early nineties, I spotted it on one of those nondescript used car lots. It was one of those lots with maybe five or six cars and a few light bulbs strung over the cars with a little shack for an office. Never could find anybody in the office. Nobody knew the owners' name. I finally found a friend who knew the guy. He said to me "oh sure, I know him. In fact he stopped the other night and wanted me to go the auction with him. He had a car on the trailer and wanted to get rid of it". Yep, it was my old Bee. Never found a trace of it again.

Yoy forgot my favorite, the 1969-1/2 A12 440 Six Pack's, pretty big oversight...LOL... I like them all... some day I will have a 71....

Attachments

• 69.5 Super Bee A-12 440 Six Pack Ralley Green.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 594
I like them all but I just love the 69-1/2 A12 cars as they just say...........hey I am a very bad muscle car ! Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back