• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel bolt pattern?

696pack

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
Today I was switching some wheels around on my Super Bee and took the spare out trying to put it on in place of one of the ground wheels. It would not fit and when I measured it found it to be 5 on 3" centers. This was in with a bunch of Mopar steel wheels I had and had a new Red line mounted on it thinking it was correct. Glad I found out today rather than with a flat tire.

Does anyone have an idea of what this wheel is for? A Ford maybe?

Do your measuring again, but this time don't measure hole to hole. Measure across to the third hole. You'll find it to be a 5 on 4" bolt pattern. That's early 70's, 60's A body pattern.

Do your measuring again, but this time don't measure hole to hole. Measure across to the third hole. You'll find it to be a 5 on 4" bolt pattern. That's early 70's, 60's A body pattern.

You may be right, I think I did measure it hole to hole.

I thought it was awful small spacing and it didn't seem that the holes were that far off when I was trying to line up the studs.

Thanks.

was the pattern too big or too little? chevys a hair bigger at 4.75 on 5. some dodge trucks are 5 on 5 and a lot of fords are same as ours 5 on 4.5 early a bodys are 5 on 4

Even today mopar uses 5 on 4 1/2. My 07 Charger R/T is 5 on 4 1/2. One can put a factory Mopar 5 on 4 1/2 on a Ford, but you can't put a factory Ford wheel on a Mopar.
The Ford wheel has a smaller center hub than a Mopar so you can't bolt them up flush on a Mopar hub.

Auto Transport Service
Back