• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Wednesday

When I was taking auto tech courses at Chaffey College, many MANY years ago, they had a school car (an El Camino donated by Chevy, couldn't be street titled or used) that had a pair of the original American REAL MAG mag wheels on the front of it. You could watch em corrode. They ended up getting a coat of paint, if I remember right.....

Halibrand (Holley Vintage wheels)
15x10, 5 on 4.5" 4.25" BS Sprints Anthresite polished outers
won't fit under mine, mine needs like 5.25" to 5.5" BS
w/ a 10" wide wheel & a 295/50/15

but they are great looking rims/wheels, Legendary history
the 15x9 may work on these b-bodies, or a narrower like 8" rim/wheel
with that BS

great looking rims/wheels $279

View attachment 1312443
Those Halibrands are about half what summit is asking for two piece daisies now......

00000 wheels before.jpg

00000 wheels after.jpg

Jeg's Sport Torque 15 X 7 on my 1967 R/T. Found the R/T hub stickers on E-bay.

View attachment 1299375

View attachment 1299379

View attachment 1299381
@Dave6T4 These look pretty good, and I have a couple of questions. 1. After using them for a while, how do you like them, quality wise? 2. Lug nuts: Did you get Left hand nuts for driver side? 3. What size hex? I currently have chrome lugs on my 67R/T with the left hand threads on driver side. They take a 13/16" socket. I see Jeg's say a thin wall socket is required. Will they be usable if I buy the Jeg's wheels? Thanks BBD

Last edited:
@Dave6T4 These look pretty good, and I have a couple of questions. 1. After using them for a while, how do you like them, quality wise? 2. Lug nuts: Did you get Left hand nuts for driver side? 3. What size hex? I currently have chrome lugs on my 67R/T with the left hand threads on driver side. They take a 13/16" socket. I see Jeg's say a thin wall socket is required. Will they be usable if I buy the Jeg's wheels? Thanks BBD
Well, I think I got the answer. Looked closer into the Jeg's site and found they sell the lug nuts with a 3/4 hex for these wheels, and didn't see a LH thread option. So I guess I can't use my existing 13/16" x LH nuts....

Well, I think I got the answer. Looked closer into the Jeg's site and found they sell the lug nuts with a 3/4 hex for these wheels, and didn't see a LH thread option. So I guess I can't use my existing 13/16" x LH nuts....
I had to use 3/4" hex and thin socket. Also, try to get 2" tall lug nuts, because the holes are fairly deep. I had already changed my driver's side studs to RH thread. I found the R/T hub stickers online, and people have asked if wheels where a factory option. My only complaint with the wheels are the tight and deep lug holes, The wheels balanced OK. I thought they were good value for the $$$.

Last edited:
Had my neighbor come over, and blast a bunch of wheels today, a set for my '63 included...
16656097921968089271958684955520.jpg
1012221024_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back