• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When Do You Wake UP?

multimopes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
I have been following Greg's,(Kern Dog) excellent thread of "I don't want to go to work today". Well, the last several entries brought up the topic of when people get up in the morning. Well, in thinking about it as the responses are so varied I am curious if there is a relationship between the time you normally wake up & the time that you were born. I know that it may be a stretch, but I was born at around 11am and even though I have to get up for work, I never really start feeling awake until "around" 11am. If I could I would most likely sleep till then every day. If I did I would most likely stay up late as well. Just throwing this out there. It might be a load of crap but "What If this really does have a bearing on your wake /sleep cycle???":D:screwy::eek:

5am, 5:30-6am on the weekends. My most productive time is 7 to noon as far as getting work done.

I get up between 6-6:30am every morning. I was born at 6:01pm, just in time for dinner my mom always says!

I was born at about 2am. In 30 years with the USAF. I hated getting up to go to go fly at O-dark-30!!!! I like sleeping till I wake up, figured by then I've had enough sleep, it been my motto my whole life!

Which time I get up should I list? I get up many times! And its not to go to the can. I can't sleep much more than two hours at a time. I wake up refreshed each time.

I started working night shifts (16:00 to 04:00) about 6 years ago, and I love the shift. Even on my days off I keep my schedule the same so I usually get up around 12:00.

Being from Pennsylvania I still am stuck on Eastern Time.
Wake around 3-4 am. This is for the last 28 years since moving to Nevada.
4 to 6 hours of sleep and I seem to have enough. Also has to do with summertime heat.
Need to get all the stuff you want to get done outside before mega heat of the day.Usually 11 am.

It took me forever to be able to sleep in some
till at least the sun came up

I was always an early riser, 4:30-5:30am
when I was still down in Concord, in my office by 6:30am
till Oct 1997
then 5:00am-ish in Rancho Murieta, mostly for 1st Golf tee times
then do work after or on the courses
I moved up here permanently in Dec. 2007
I have learned to sleep in til 6:30-ish AM, or to get up
when I feel like it, working from home...
but;
I've been fully retired since July 2021
sometimes I lay & watch News in the morning till 7:30-8:00am-ish
get up make/drink some coffee & get on with my day

I generally wake up when the sun comes in my door/window
changes with the seasons now

or my dog wakes me up, to go out chase a squirrel or go pee

no hurries, I'm on my time now

Old habits die hard, took me years to get used to getting up early
took me years to get used to being able to 'sleep until whenever I wanted'

Full-Retirement has it's perks,
I just can't stay in bed all that long, seems like the day is wasting away...

I'm also not in bed till 11:30pm to Midnight now too, regularly
I used to be in bed at 10:00pm-ish, sometimes not asleep until later
used to lay there & watch Late Show Johnny or Jay
(can't stand late-nite TV douches/comedians that aren't funny anymore)
or till I was tired enough & wound down to go to sleep...

Last edited:
Born at 7:33 p.m. as per my birth certificate. Eastern time zone

I wake up at 4:45 a.m. plus or minus 15 minutes. I get up and drink at least two glasses of water. I don't like, need, or drink coffee.

Before my career in construction began, among other jobs I had... I was in the Army for a brief time. It is safe to say that I have been obligated to be up and moving well before sunrise.
I still don’t like it. Going to bed at 9:00 or thereabouts feels like I am missing out. I love staying up late. I love sleeping in. I really enjoy coasting into the morning and getting up when I want, not when the alarm kicks me in the ***.

Last edited:
In bed by 10:00PM, up 4:30AM every morning M-F. Work hours are 5:00AM - 3:00PM. If my body lets me I sleep in on the weekends anywhere from 7:00AM - 9:00AM. Melatonin and Z-Quill are a big help here every night. That and a shut bedroom door and a blacked out window. Oh and earplugs as I have the hearing of an Airedale, lol.

I get up at 5AM. I usually stay up until 10PM. If I sleep in, I feel like I’m wasting daylight...

Used to get up @4:30am for years
Did not like it at all.
Now I get up between 6:00-6:30am
Like it much better

Oh yeah, 3 times a night. He has to pee more than I do. Sometimes.....:(
mines still young-ish gonna be 7 in June
he waits till dawn or sunlight usually

unless there's a cat, a squirrel, a bird, a coon, or some other critter
on the back deck, or the occasional 'coyotes in the back-forty yappin'
that he can see out the back bedroom door

but I know what you mean

My boy is 16 and when he has to go it's RIGHT NOW !!
But that's ok , SO DO I !

Auto Transport Service
Back