• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

when they say NOS

Linden Johnson

old man driving a "wild n crazy" car
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
when they say NOS and u pull the trigger and await for the truck to arrive and they are wrapped in the original Chrysler parts bags - WIN !!!!

NOS.jpg

Congratulations!! You got a winner there!! Half the stuff listed as NOS these days seems more like Nasty Old ****... Or generic aftermarket crap...

Congratulations!! You got a winner there!! Half the stuff listed as NOS these days seems more like Nasty Old ****... Or generic aftermarket crap...
Or the best one where the seller shows an "NOS" part beside a box and then states in the fine print "box not included with sale"....

Last edited:
Or the best one where the seller shows an "NOS" part beside a box and then states in the fine print "box not included with sale"....
I’ve seen empty boxes for sale on eBay.

or when they say it’s NOS and the box is pictured in the background, but when it arrives no more part number flap on the box, it’s been torn off, and the part isn’t NOS either.

Years angle I bought an NOS magnum 500 wheel and the guy gave me $25 off if he could keep the box.

Mopar packaging does not mean NOS. Check the dates. A part for a 1970 Dodge that has a Mopar package dated 1983 is not true NOS to the original parts date.
Especially with boxes. Dealers have sold parts and then put returned parts back in the original boxes. Years later " Surprise!"

Mopar packaging does not mean NOS. Check the dates. A part for a 1970 Dodge that has a Mopar package dated 1983 is not true NOS to the original parts date.
Especially with boxes. Dealers have sold parts and then put returned parts back in the original boxes. Years later " Surprise!"

100% true but I'd rather get stung by a part from 1983 than the all to commonly advertised as "NOS" 2010 part

NOS does not declare you're getting an assembly line part, it = New Old Stock and nothing else. It's up to you after that to decide just what kind of NOS you expect to receive. New Old Stock is 99.8% of the time an over the counter manufactures replacement part. Parts had to be available from a dealer for 15 years after the model year.

A brand new in the box Mopar Performance Part that hasn't been sold since the '80's is also NOS, just maybe not the NOS you want for your concurs restoration.

Score! I don't buy (or pay nos prices) unless there is a original package, box, or the like.

Reason you see NOS boxes for sale is that some people go to the extent of having a "parts" area in their garages and nice nos boxes on the shelves make it look real. These guys are serious collectors. Sure they afford to have the parts in the boxes too but there is no reason. On another note nice hub caps.. They 10 inch for early Dodge?

Auto Transport Service
Back