• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the 68-70 b's ?

Was at a show today at the beach and only 3 mopars......

mine...View attachment 811681

a 74 Cuda'...View attachment 811682

and this gorgeous R/T...View attachment 811683

the rest were all GM and Fords and a few strays here and there.
thats the #2 reason i buy mopars, its nice not being like the rest the crowd weather they like it or not, because deep down they do, they just dont have the patients, and dedication to tune these masterpieces to what they need to be. #1 is that there is nothing that sounds like a mopar with a big cam and the right exhaust tuned down to just above fouling. and #3 yes i am drinking tonight.:lol:

Scarce is the word when compared to the other bellybuttons in peoples garage. 68-70 B Bodies are the unicorns of that era, the prices of these beauties reflects this. And yes deep down most gear heads want that Mopar but can't come out of the closet and say it to the Generic Motors and Blue Oval brethren. :moparsmiley:

saw several at a great show Saturday.
PTDC0002.JPG
PTDC0001.JPG PTDC0031.JPG PTDC0056.JPG

yes it is and the owner is a great guy.

The car has been in the magazines, and featured at Carlisle. He bought the car when he came home from Vietnam. Usually has Keystone Klassics on it when not at Carlisle. All original except for the few items noted.

PTDC0005.JPG
PTDC0005.JPG
PTDC0006.JPG

there is nothing that sounds like a mopar with a big cam and the right exhaust tuned down to just above fouling
THIS!! I love rolling up to a show with the 3" cutouts open and hearing the chop of my 292°/.509 cam in my 440 6bbl!

Couple B bodies at recent show in Oceanside CA that belong to me and my daughter.

View attachment 814926
I'd like to see more pictures of the 70 Roadrunner!
B5 blue and a white convertible top with a white interior are a great combination for appearance and practicality. I think InViolet/Plum Crazy w/white works well too.

I'd like to see more pictures of the 70 Roadrunner!
B5 blue and a white convertible top with a white interior are a great combination for appearance and practicality. I think InViolet/Plum Crazy w/white works well too.
Thanks Biomedtechguy, I think so too!!!! Oh, you meant 70runner's droptop !!!!! LOL. Not sure if his is B5. Looks a little darker? @70runner ?????

Thanks Biomedtechguy, I think so too!!!! Oh, you meant 70runner's droptop !!!!! LOL. Not sure if his is B5. Looks a little darker? @70runner ?????
Actually it looks kinda turquoise blue.
What got me really impressed by the combination of B5 blue, white convertible top, white interior, and white stripes was a 69 Coronet R/T convertible I saw on a crystal clear blue sky October day at Mopars at the Marina at Cruisin the Coast. It was such a stunning combination, and the metal flake in the B5 blue really complimented the white and vice versa. Of course white is a great choice when you are going top down, otherwise the seats could peel the skin off legs in shorts with the sun shining on them.
Don't get me wrong, I would love the look of yellow and black w/black interior and stripes on a vert, but that's not nearly as practical.
InViolet/Plum Crazy w/white works too, and is a little "wilder" too. My parents 69 Roadrunner was B5 blue, but the purple metallic has really grown to become my favorite metal flake Mopar color.

Auto Transport Service
Back