• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are you guys finding them?

joeb99362

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
Still looking for the "The One", which if you read my intro would be a 68-71 Charger. Not losing hope, just was wondering...where are you guys having luck finding your cars?

In the old days my friends and I would cruise for hours around small towns, out in the country, and sometimes crawl through many old salvage yards looking for the cars we wanted. Sometimes we would trade with other MOPAR enthusiasts. Being much older now with an actual bankroll, I have been cruising Ebay and Craigslist, as well as hitting the car shows to talk with as many people as I can looking for leads.

So what works or is working for you guys?

Still looking for the "The One", which if you read my intro would be a 68-71 Charger. Not losing hope, just was wondering...where are you guys having luck finding your cars?

In the old days my friends and I would cruise for hours around small towns, out in the country, and sometimes crawl through many old salvage yards looking for the cars we wanted. Sometimes we would trade with other MOPAR enthusiasts. Being much older now with an actual bankroll, I have been cruising Ebay and Craigslist, as well as hitting the car shows to talk with as many people as I can looking for leads.

I used to drive alleys looking in back yards deep in neighborhoods ESPECIALLY the neighborhoods many would not go in. Those days are over for me. The stuff by the well travelled streets is loooong gone.

The best sources today are talking to people that comment on your old car when you are out driving it OR the guys at the auto parts stores who often know of an old car and can't afford to buy it.

real hemi roadrunner here needs restosolid as they come for a 10,718 mile car not cut but is trimed in wheel tubbs easy fix spent it life street racing in toronto

I don't know where woodward , Ok. is from Durrant , Ok. , but , There's a guy just west of Durrant . His name is James Evans . Last time I went his way he was hauling in everything in from the mid 70's . I know it's a little later than what your looking for , but he might be able to scrounge up something like what your looking for in your time frame .

I don't know where woodward , Ok. is from Durrant , Ok. , but , There's a guy just west of Durrant . His name is James Evans . Last time I went his way he was hauling in everything in from the mid 70's . I know it's a little later than what your looking for , but he might be able to scrounge up something like what your looking for in your time frame .

Does he run a business? We make it over to Lake Eufaula several times a year and that's pretty close.

Woodward is NW OK near the pan handle. West of Alva, East of Guymon.

Sometimes I'm not real clear, so just to go on the record. I guess I was just wanting to read stories of where you guys found your rides. Through that I guess I was hoping for inspiration of new places to look that I had not thought of. I do appreciate and accept any tips though.:grin:

i got mine (78 cordoba) in a scrap yard i go to reaaal often. it was in a wierd isolated area of the yard,we put a battery on it and turn the key pumped away and vroom it started:)

got the car here whole,whit 4 tires,aluminuim wheels and at a total of 650 canadian

I bought my 69 Bee from an ad. in the local auto trader here in the Detroit area 17 years ago. I still have the ad. Most of the other Mopars that I've owned I've found by word of mouth from other car guys and ads on the internet. My T/A I found on Ebay after looking at 5 others bought it just 4 miles from my house, but not through Ebay.
KID

garage 1.JPG

Does he run a business? We make it over to Lake Eufaula several times a year and that's pretty close.

Kinda I guess . I mean the place where I found him was a small auto resale dealership. There's another in Durrant on 3rd street I think . It's a salvage yard that resales some of the really nice cars they get . I bought my front runners off a 67/68 cougar there . Last time I was out that way they had a
73ish Nova there for sale .

Looked on my cell the other day and guess what ? I have their phone number

The name of the place is called R & D Auto Salvage 580.924.9311 .
Another place to look is Phillips Auto Salvage near Bokchito , bout 13-17 miles east of Durant 580.295.3456 , I'll be there near Thanksgiving time .

I,m always looking and asking people about mopars...I found another 67 gtx sitting behind a barn in nevada...It,s been there since 1982...Also just recently found a 70 challenger..It,s kind of bent though...The guy put in a 440 and never upgraded the unibody...He also has a couple of amx,s....At this time none are for sale but everyday is a new day!!!
67 GTX

Craigslist..........FBBO-FABO-FEBO...........Dare I say it........Moparts, and just talking with folks.

Auto Transport Service
Back