• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Did You 70 B Body Convertible Owners Mount Your Rear Full-Range Speakers

soundhd

Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Have a 70 RR Convertible that I would like to install a modern sound system in the car.....for a convertible it usually means two full-range speakers up front (front doors or the kick panels) and two in the rear, usually in the rear side interior panels (and maybe a couple sub woofers in the trunk somewhere)..............well for a 70 RR (and maybe other B body convertibles) these plastic rear interior panels are not available as production items like some other brands of classic convertibles are (checking on e-bay and other used car part sites a pair of these panels go up to and more then $1000.00)........so thought I would see where other drop top owners are installing their rear full range speakers before I go and cut speaker holes in those panels............please post photos if possible.

thanks

I too will be watching this thread as I will also be going down this road eventually.

I'll hang out and see too :) I've had two and haven't mounted any extra speakers in the past. I just used the stock dash one but I'll at least use one of the dual speaker center mount dash speaker replacements in the R/T later one.

I bought an already hacked up set of rear interior panels and mounted some 5.25" speakers in them. Combined with 2 3.25" speakers in the dash and a 150w sub in the truck it is all driven by a 5 channel 750W amp in the trunk. We used a bass control knob inline between the audio in and an 3.5mm jack for the ipod/phone/etc. It works great but the interior noise drowns out the music (IMO) at any level lower than blaring.

Auto Transport Service
Back