• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where it goes

CHR73

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
WP_20180804_09_57_11_Pro.jpg

73 charger that part left .

It’s a cable tie for the pos battery cable. Pushes onto top of shock stud.

eeehm, no, 73 and lates doesn't have the shock stud exposed on engine bay like pre 72 cars...

I can't recall that loom on my 74 at this moment...

Ok, didn’t know that. I’ve never had any newer than 1971. Probably doesn’t belong on a 73 then.

Does not look like an original design used by Chrysler but it is a wire tie. Is it like the one in the upper right corner of the picture holding the battery cables to the fender well?
WP_20160716_017.jpg

My 1970 Cuda uses one of those. As Streetwedge said...."It’s a cable tie for the pos battery cable. Pushes onto top of shock stud."

and as mentioned... is not correct for 73 and lates B bodies, since there is no shock studs exposed on engine bay on these ;)

ODZKing, yes I though that one too, BUT that cable tie attachs to itself on the same provision that inserts on the inner fender, and spreads up once is inserted to keep the tie in place.

the one is being asked gots two diff provisions... once to be located and the one to close the tie ;)

I don't recall that on any of the 73-74 s I've played with . But it does look to be that tie as stated , someone could of tossed it in from a parts car maybe?

Passenger fender, longer black plastic strap holds the two heater hoses on no a/c cars. Short strap holds the two hoses that go from the fuel vapor canister back to the engine. The 440 vapor canister is an exception.

0440EF22-45E1-46AF-BF20-4BF29FE6B016.jpeg

Here’s any original positive battery holder from a 71rr

F9263717-68DE-4251-BDB7-3A8ADA0E7A24.jpeg

I have one of those as well Red Runner. They are a bit different than his picture.
WP_20180810_012.jpg

Thank you all.strap came some 71-74 package maybe it doesn't fit 73.
This is a/c car.

Auto Transport Service
Back