• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to buy top and seat covers

Frustration

Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for seat covers for a '64 Plymouth Fury Convertible. The interior has a bench front seat. The fabric is a vinyl (black) with gold piping and accents. I see that Classic Industries offers this in silver...but I'd like to keep it gold. Any ideas?
Fury interior.JPG

X2 Legendary. They should be able to make any color you want.

For tops, I've used a company called "Robin's" or "Robin", but they might only sell direct to top shops.....good quality, though may not be original if you're looking for that....not sure

I'll second Robbins convertible tops. Well worth the extra money.

Legendary only offers a silver welting. Classic and most others are selling the Legendary product. They could possibly source the material from SMS, or you could go directly to SMS directly and bypass Legendary as SMS furnishes them with many of the non-standard color combinations. Either way, expect to pay considerably more and a longer turn-around time.

Are you sure it's gold and not just discolored silver? (had to ask)

I talked to Legendary about having a set of covers made for my '62. I swear that the ones they make for the '63 is almost like the '62 for the exception of the number of pleats that's used.

"It would have to go through design and development, special order $$$ and no guarantee they will fit." Thats the answer I got.

I ordered the material and welting from SMS and the foam from Legendary (via Classic Industries). I'm having a upholster in Jefferson Pa. do the work. Several good shops in York too. Average shop rate is $70 - $80 per hr.

My 63 seats new from Legendary . I also got a canvas top instead of vinyl. To me it looks better and was told it will last a lot longer . Just my 2 cents .

1f.jpg 1e.jpg 1g.jpg

Try P.U.I. interiors. I got mine from dealer " Tamaraz" on ebay . I also got new seat foam buns. I can't imagine better quality than what I recieved. Price was very good, and maybe more likely to get them to you sooner than Legendary. I got a new vinyl top from Classic Industries that had Legendary name stamped on the underneath side. Very pleased with that too...............................MO

Thank you for the replies. I'm going to contact Legendary to see what they can do. Lots of resources on this site! Happy to be here!

Auto Transport Service
Back