• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to find what my car is worth

rbkt65

Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
i have looked a kbb, haggerty, and a few others. but a 65 coronet station wagon with a little rust here and there IS NOT WORTH 14K. where does everyone go to get a real price on there cars? tia.

It is very hard to put a value on an old classic car. I say this because the big television auctions have really skewed the values in my opinion. A car that seems to be of low value is worth lots more to an individual who grew up with one and is really sentimental regarding that vehicle all the while a vehicle going for mega bucks on tv doesn't appeal to some people and they wonder what all the fuss is about. For me, a 1969 roadrunner is worth more than anything else produced in 1969 because that's what I love.

I agree with post #2.

Not perfect on details and engine options sometimes, but close most of the time.

The best way is to monitor asking prices on CL and ebay along with how long ads stay up at those prices along with any known sold prices.

After a while you can get a pretty good idea of values for cars in similar condition, and with similar options and mods.

Unfortunately this is way easier to do with common cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back