• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to get flywheel dust cover?

koosh

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
69 RR, 383, 4 -SPEED.....looking for suggestions where to get dust cover?
Thanks!

IMG_5981.JPG IMG_5980.JPG

Appears you have a Lakewood scatter shield bell housing.. missing the block protection plate!

beerestoration2017 077.JPG beerestoration2017 130.JPG

So theres no cover for this?

As I said, you are missing the block protection plate. It's one heavy piece. It also spaces the bellhousing back about 1/4", so surprised your trans cross mount lines up.

You could take a piece of cardboard and make a pattern for a red neck plate and just bolt it on the exposed area.

beerestoration2017 061.JPG

Yikes....thanks guys.... looks like I'll be making one....unless of course tranny has to come out due to slow leak!

I'd and sa
Yikes....thanks guys.... looks like I'll be making one....unless of course tranny has to come out due to slow leak!
I'd buy the one on ebay (not mine, forgot) use it as a template. If you pull the motor in the future you'll have the plate, JMO. It is your money.

What’s the cost to blowing your legs off, yikes.Thats an engineered peice to save your life for $86. $86 or no legs.

Do you know if the scattershield bearing retainer hole was indexed to crank? Mine was off .013, had to put offset dowel pins in. Service manuals at mymopar.com under reference .
ba.JPG
ba1.JPG

Un used holes shoulda been a clue. A couple more pics for reference

Screenshot_20180416-214429.jpg Screenshot_20180416-214413.jpg

What’s the cost to blowing your legs off, yikes.Thats an engineered peice to save your life for $86. $86 or no legs.
As much as I'd like to keep my legs, i dont have the means to pull motor or tranny out to install one. I wont be racing or beating on this. I am sure back in my school days, my first RR had no blow shield, so am not to worried.....thanks for all the input fellas!

So your starter is bolted to the housing but does it have any real support? Will you have issues?

You can do it all under the car. Drop the tranny out,pull the housing,pull the clutch,pp and flywheel.

So your starter is bolted to the housing but does it have any real support? Will you have issues?

You can do it all under the car. Drop the tranny out,pull the housing,pull the clutch,pp and flywheel.
LOL.....yes under a car with jack stands....not going there, too old for that anymore!
I will take a pic of the starter tonight, not sure if a support issue or not, appreciate that thought though!

is he still better off than having a cast iron bellhousing?
Does he have an SFI flywheel? which to do or do both?
First guy I saw get it at Old San Gabriel had a clutch go on his flathead coupe
had a moon tank on the passenger floorboard so he could reach the pump...

Auto Transport Service
Back