• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to Get Seat Frame Rivets?

PurpleBeeper

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
I’ve got a ‘70 6-way bucket seat frame that is bent & I need to straighten. It looks like I need to remove 3 of the rivets, straighten 2 pieces and replace the rivets. Where can we buy these? THANKS!

IMG_4875.jpeg

IMG_4876.jpeg

MacMaster-Carr maybe....?
But youre gonna need the tools to reset them too.

MacMaster-Carr maybe....?
But youre gonna need the tools to reset them too.
Well, to reset them, I have access to a strong press and a guy who knows how to use it. Can I just "press" the small side of a replacement rivet to "fatten up the small end". I've never done it, so I'm all ears

Is this a concourse restoration? If not I have reused the old rivets. Grind off the peened end and drive it out. It may be tight. Then put it together and with a wire feed weld the rivet in. If you just hit the rivet dead on with a couple bumps with the welder you can almost duplicate the peened end you ground off. Little careful grinding and you are done.

Last edited:
Is this a concourse restoration? If not I have reused the old rivets. Grind off the peened end and drive it out. It may be tight. Then put it together and with a wire feed weld the rivet in. If you just hit the rivet dead on with a couple bumps with the welder you can almost duplicate the peened end you ground off. Little careful grinding and you are done.
Nope, functional restoration. I’ve considered grade 8 bolts

Do what I said to the rivets. You can make quick work out of it.
Thanks. I'm leaning that way except I found the double shoulder rivets.....I just have to see if I can buy less than 10,000 at a time. If not, re-weld the end

Auto Transport Service
Back