• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where to sell 64 Bel more door car?

barbee6043

Local time
10:23 AM
Reaction score
LOng story short, I've been building Mopars 40 odd years. I am in S E TEXAS. I always wanted to do a CHEAP four door for a driver. So 2 years ago. I get a good 64 Bel more door on a trade ( i started with zero in the car) and started with a extremely solid SOUTHERN car, running with a good poly 318 and NEW AMD full floor pans. I gave it the full body/paint job myself as always, put in NEW AMD windshield, back glass gasjkets, weatherstriping, windlace, Smittyblt bukets (99% knockoff of A100 Bostrums) new tires wheels, rebuilt brakes, ACC carpet,etc. I have advertised it on here, all the Facebook Early Body sites. I get a million likes, but no one with $4000 ask price. I have even offerred to keep the buckets wheels, and tires and take $2500.

Where should I go to try to sell? Bring a trailer, Hemmings on line auction??? I am old, woreout and want to get down from 4 to 2 cars. This car is too nice to sell a s aparts car! Yea right. I saved the car, but it will find a new home and I am not parting it out myself. It can go as a driver, parts car... whatever! pics to give an idea of what it is. Any advice!

THIS is a NOT a for sale thra MODS!!!!!! I am asking for advice as to where to sell it!!!!!!!! Its been on FBBO and FABO several times in classifieds!!!!!!!!

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

Face book market place,Craigs list, Bring a trailer etc. Just keep on trying. I know "It's a 4 door"and some guys would rather walk than own a 4 door.
I LOOK for 4 door cars and yours would be mine in a instant if I was in the market.. But alas my 63 Belvedere 4 door will be my last.My body has timed out.Can't work like I used to.
Because of you, my car has the Smittybuilt seats now. Thanks again.Very comfortable.I love 'um.

Unfortunately the market will dictate the price, not the seller.
Keep trying to sell it here, Facebook etc, dropping the price $100/week.
Eventually it will sell.

If the price drops to a level you aren't comfortable with, then take it off the market and have a re-think.

Maybe worth spending a bit on some fancy wheels and modern stereo, up the price slightly to cover the cost, and then target a slightly different buyer.

I think BAT is by invitation only. Why else would they have so damn many 911’s and early Bronco’s. :D

As far as Craigs List goes try different cities. I would have never found my 63 but I started searching different cities and found it in Tucson.
A complete car for $2800. I was building a Fury and needed a few body parts. If I stayed with one city I may have never found it.

Face book market place,Craigs list, Bring a trailer etc. Just keep on trying. I know "It's a 4 door"and some guys would rather walk than own a 4 door.
I LOOK for 4 door cars and yours would be mine in a instant if I was in the market.. But alas my 63 Belvedere 4 door will be my last.My body has timed out.Can't work like I used to.
Because of you, my car has the Smittybuilt seats now. Thanks again.Very comfortable.I love 'um.
I will try it once more on FB Marketplace and the FB ealy B sites, then I will pull the buckets and wheels for my 64 Comet project, drop the price to bottom of $2000 and if it doesn't go, just move it out back and let it sit. I am just old and woreout an need to get down to just a couple of projects. It is a really nice running and driving car. I just don't need it insured and in my herd.

Yes glad you got those Smittybilt A1100 Bostrum style seats. I am well please with the 3 seats I have bought. I can get new 65 Stang repop seats for my Comet and they would cost twice as much and really be no different hardly except for a little side trim.

I was looking for a daily driver, and this one and another 4 door fit my budget.
The shipping did not
Both nice cars

Location is always a problem. Lot's of times I have sold cars and had a hard time because of where I am and I see much worse cars go for much more in other locations and it is pretty frustrating. I think where you are located that people take an old car in good condition for granted and people in northern locations don't see it being worth having it shipped to their location. There is a butt for every seat though but it takes time. Personally I see your car as being good value and if I were interested in doing a 2 door conversion I'd buy it in an instant. That might be a way to market it.

Yes a great candidate for 2 door conversion.

Fact is, the guy buying a $100,000 car will spend the $ $$$ for a transport and the guy that is spending $3-4,000 will only drive 30 minutes for it. Unless he wants it bad and he figures the prices justifies the trip.

Here in Texes,it is mostly pickup and GM.

I had been wanting to do a more door for a few decades. I like the car. I fulfilled my dream and saved it. I hate to see it parted by anyone.

I went to Idaho and back to New Jersey for a parts car 20 years ago.
I have a nice open trailer and a reliable truck.
Getting old sucks. A trip to Texas would not be in the cards for me nowadays

I've had some success on this site. https://cars-on-line.com/how-to-advertise/ 45.00 gets it listed until it sells.... I think if you put 4 matching rims on it and finish the lower half in white you will have more parties interested? Sure is priced to sell , so just another thought..

I'm thinking, with the economy the way it is, most of the stimulus money has dried up. Inflation is crazy and people right now don't have the disposal income from a few years ago. I do a lot of selling of collectibles and vintage car parts. It's been really slow the last 6 months. Very nice car. I really hope it goes to a good home.

I've had some success on this site. https://cars-on-line.com/how-to-advertise/ 45.00 gets it listed until it sells.... I think if you put 4 matching rims on it and finish the lower half in white you will have more parties interested? Sure is priced to sell , so just another thought..
I have 2 other matching rims and they an go with the car. I have offerred the car with NO rolling stock and less the buckest and with the oem bench back in for $1500 LESS> I know for a fact it just takes someone that wants said has the few $$ to buy it and usually NOT live 1000mi away!!! This is my first more door build in 40 odds years, and I am surprised NOONE wants to buy it, yea I have had 1000s say nice car and wish it was closer!

It looks like a pretty solid driver but it is a 4 door. Out of a 100 motorheads, you might find 1 or 2 that would buy it to drive. Most all door cars are sold for parts and most people building a car already have a parts car or two. It's a tough sell for sure.

I did sell my 4 door 65 Dodge Coronet on marketplace last year. I got $4100. /6 ran great and everything worked. 17 yo kid bought it as his first car and he still has it and loves it. Buyers are out there. Just be patient.

65coronet1.jpg

I did sell my 4 door 65 Dodge Coronet on marketplace last year. I got $4100. /6 ran great and everything worked. 17 yo kid bought it as his first car and he still has it and loves it. Buyers are out there. Just be patient.

View attachment 1432989
You are lucky to have found that "right buyer".

View attachment 1432989
I have really thought that this car would go to a HS kid for is first car. I guess HS kids want new or newish turbo Jap stuff. If I had the doors, etc to do the 2 door overison, I would, but not interested in paying for those parts plus shipping from the other ends of the country. Those AMD fllor fans are no longer repoped and th few thtwr left, were bought by a "major" early B body venor and the price tripled. The AMD glass is the orrect thicknes and no longer available.

It looks like a pretty solid driver but it is a 4 door. Out of a 100 motorheads, you might find 1 or 2 that would buy it to drive. Most all door cars are sold for parts and most people building a car already have a parts car or two. It's a tough sell for sure.
After 40 odd years in the Mopar hobby, I agree. But I really figured if I decided to sell it and find it a new home, someone would be happy to have a rust free runner for that kind of $. I do find those buyers, they are all 1000 mi away and no one buys a $3000 arand spends $1000-1500 to get it home!!!!

It deserves to be driven for years to come for sure. Way to good for parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back