• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where would you go to get radio serviced?

JMILL67

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Where would you send a radio in for a thorough service? I want to replace any parts as needed and have it 100% functional. I do have a mint bezel and all of the knobs.

IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

There’s a fellow member I think that does that but I can‘t recall his username.
There’s a guy by the name of Gary Tayman that does that as does Greg Ward 256-852-0955.

Last edited:
Greg Wards dad did the radio repairs and when he passed the business closed. A long time ago also.

Wards have been out of business for about 4 years now.

Clay Taymon 941-371-8924 does great work!

Those radios have disappointing FM performance. They are a AM radio that the engineers kludged a FM tuner onto in a nutshell. I generally try to talk the person into sending it off for a conversion as the FM just doesn't work that well.

What fails on these is the AM FM band switch, oscillator transistor in the FM tuner, and capacitors in various circuits. I actually bought Russian PNP transistors a few years back just to repair the FM tuners on these radios, but generally steer the owner to a conversion shop.

Auto Transport Service
Back