• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where ya going for a haircut?

I'm old enough to have had what was called a 'ducktail' and a 'shelf' and used Vitalis; if you're under 60 this may be Greek. In high school the cliques were called boneheads, jocks, and greasers. The grouping was quickly identifiable by hair styles and clothing. If caught by our vice principal, somewhat affectionally known as Meatball, with your shirt tails untucked as I seldom bothered to tuck my shirt in, he'd grab you by the sideburns to offer his reminder to tuck your shirt in. He looked like the original Curly from the 3-stooges, but he could be one mean SOB when he wanted to be. This is back in the day when getting smacked around by the faculty was still ok. lol

As a senior in high school I transferred to Gonzales Union High School, which had a majority of Hispanic/Mexican students. One day on the bus, Felipe asked me why I tucked my shirt it. Well, I had tucked my shirts in all my life, I did not know how to answer him. I can't remember, but I assume Felipe made a habit of not tucking his shirts in.

I have a 1 pm appt with my barber today. He reopened last Tuesday and I went to his shop Wednesday. Cuts by appt only and he couldn't get me in until today!
He also says he has a bunch of new customers.

I have a 1 pm appt with my barber today. He reopened last Tuesday and I went to his shop Wednesday. Cuts by appt only and he couldn't get me in until today!
He also says he has a bunch of new customers.
French town?

I bet Pres Trump is right, once this bug is gone and this country opens back up, people at back at work they will spend money like NO tomorrow!!!!! I see it happening already with lots of things.

I go to the bathroom, just as I have half my life, and grab this rascal:
IMG_20200512_150804181.jpg
I put the 1/2" attachment on it and let 'er eat. I make the passes in the same direction as I normally comb my hair (it's sort of like the classic "Dirty Harry" style direction). Can't screw up, cuts everything to the same length.
Follow up with trimming the fuzzies from around ears and such and done.

No telling how much money I've saved over the years - from "stylists" who would stand a 50/50 chance
of butchering the job anyways.

The wife's friend owns a salon, closed to the public, but not me.

My wife manages a salon - so free haircuts anytime for me at home! It’s crazy here though - they can lose their license if they are caught cutting someone’s hair at home until the stay at home order is over.

You lucky bird....
By the time my wife gets hers done and mine and the Corona virus tip, it'd be cheaper for me to go to school and learn to cut my own hair!!! LOL. Just kidding, she'd do it for free, but, that's not happening. It is convenient and yes, lucky on this one.

Wife cuts mine haven't had to go to a barbershop for 37 years . Needs cut now its hangin down in front of my eyes .

I did it ! I bought a set of electric shears ! I have the half eaten donut looking hairline, and always had it cut with a #2 shear guard. Seemed pretty simple to do, so i bought a set. Piece if cake ! For the price of one hair cut too. Ha !

Auto Transport Service
Back