• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Brake Rod?

64Belvedere

Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Converting my 64 Belvedere manual drum/drum car to a dual master cyl. Which Brake rod do I use? Will the original one work? Master Cyl is a new one for a 67.

Hi 64,i changed mine over also,i have power brakes and i used the same rod,but my rod is adjustable.i imagine yours is also
Paul

Roger that. I'll have a look at it when I get it apart. By the way, my buddy just took a 65 Belv up to PEI from Conneticut. It was advertised on this site last spring. It's in the process of having some new metal put in the floors and trunk. pretty decent car though. I like yours with the steelies and small caps. Love the colours too.

Last edited:
When I went to a dual master on my 66, the master came from a 69 Valiant and used that rod. Had to modify the brake light switch bracket to work is all.

Let me know how you make out with that 64,it was a pretty easy change.By the way my Stepdad is from PEI ,good man .Also a very good body and paint man

Got it sorted out. got one out of the first 64 I ever owned. It's a polara hardtop. It's now owned by a buddy and patiently waiting to become an AWB car. Does your stepdad live up there or is he still here on the Island? As I once heard from Disney, "It's a small world after all."

Ya he,s here in Ontario.he left the island when he was young.He has been back a few times.

Right on. Can take the boy out of the Island but not the island out of the boy.

Got the car back today. The pedal is really stiff with the new dual resevoir master cylinder on it? How stiff should it be? Takes a lot of effort to stop. Thinking the parts guy ordered a power one by mistake.

Auto Transport Service
Back