• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which car is worth more ?

70 sublime

Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
My son is looking to renovate the old farm house on our farm and move in there
If the bank is going to be too stupid about it I may let one car go to get him some money
We have not got to that point yet but I have been thinking about it

So which car is worth the most ?
1969 Charger
Factory 383 car with a 1971 383 auto in it now
Has fender tag
8 3/4 rear end with 2.92 limited slip
4 wheel drum brakes
Q5 car when new but at some point in the 1970's it had a fender bender and one quarter panel was changed and painted black at that time
To hide the new quarter a white vinyl top was added
Original floors but I changed the trunk pan
Decent set of green 68 bucket seats and matching back seat
Body is not perfect
Have put over 12 000 miles on it the last 3 summers and works perfectly

1970 Charger
Started out life 318 auto F8 green car
No fender tag or build sheet
I got it from an estate
Previous owner had 2 chargers but did not get this one done before passing away from cancer
Car was on jack stands with no rear end and just K frame bolted in
All new amd metal had been welded in from rad support to rear valance
Totally new car
Only thing needing work still is the front fenders hood and front valance
Car also had frame conectors and torque boxes welded in
Now it has disc brakes on the front
8 3/4 with 3.23 limited slip rear end drum brakes on the back
Started painting the car FJ5
Inside trunk , interior , front end all green now
Firewall back is in primer ready for paint
Now has 1972 440 marine block bored out 60 thousand brand new build very close to stock never started yet with 6 pack and 4 speed set up
Have 2 sets of 1970 front bucket seats one black and one green and one 68 black back seat
Rest of the interior trim parts are green
Front suspension and K frame has been all rebuilt and painted
Just going back together now
Have 95% of the parts to finish putting back together
Will need carpet and windshield gaskets type stuff
Yes the 70 is an AC car and they never had a factory 6 pack AC car but this is what was going to happen anyways

So which car would be worth more to sell
69 you can drive now and tinker on or 70 dream car build you could have done in less than a year ??

IMG_20230410_120424789.jpg

IMG_20221005_111907390.jpg

IMG_20221007_081043879.jpg

IMG_20221215_113044640.jpg

IMG_20230330_161434247.jpg

IMG_20230410_140241128_HDR.jpg

The most complete car is going to draw the most interest. Some enthusiasts will see the potential in the '70 but most will be more interested in something that they can drive while they "restore".

I think Kern is right. Unless you're a Gen II Charger ninja that knows them inside and out. The running car would likely attract more interests.

What $$ are you thinking?

Why don’t you use one of them as collateral to help get the bank loan. You’ll regret selling them later.

Why don’t you use one of them as collateral to help get the bank loan. You’ll regret selling them later.
Excellent idea, but good luck trying to get the bank to accept an "old car" as collateral. Unless the person/bank you deal with knows the value of 2nd gen Chargers. Most ALL banks have no idea. Anyway, I think you'd get more for the 69. The 70, you would probably be losing money if you sell that one. Finish it.

The most complete car will sell the fastest if you’re needing the money and that 69 will still fetch some great coin. I personally like 70,s the best but I’d personally would never buy a car that has had a color change or was missing the fender tag.

Nice pic of the sublime 70, the most important parts are there...clutch pedal and the pistol grip handle!

Excellent idea, but good luck trying to get the bank to accept an "old car" as collateral
We bought our first house on muscle car collateral, but it was a small town bank and many years ago. We refinanced a couple years later and got the cars off the loan at that time. It worked for us, still got the cars today.

We bought our first house on muscle car collateral, but it was a small town bank and many years ago. We refinanced a couple years later and got the cars off the loan at that time. It worked for us, still got the cars today.
How many of us sold a Mopar back in the day for a home? I did but don’t regret it, got a better one later. Home appreciation eclipsed what the car would be worth today.

If I was buying I'm gonna be a lot more interested in the 70. I wouldn't necessarily say it's worth more though. Think both cars are roughly equal value.

Whichever one you might decide to sell, I'm already interested! ...but, as stated above, I hope you're not forced into that situation.

The chargers are going up in value faster than houses.

I was thinking they are pretty close in the same value
Just depends what you are looking for
To do the 69 right it would have to come mostly apart and the 70 is past that and going back together
I have about the same money into either car at this point

Have had a dozen different Chargers over the years and do feel bad everytime I sell one but always seem to find another one
But they are selling for more every time and the next one is always costing more every time to replace it

Selling either car wil only happen if it is my last resort but it is family and will do what needs to be done

Since the 69 needs to be completely redone,and the 70 is already being redone,I would cut the 69 loose and concentrate on continuing the build on the 70. Personally, I wouldn't sell either one,but Chargers are bringing stronger money than ever before these days.

I guess they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Nothing wrong with wanting big bucks, but you might be holding those cars for awhile. I'm not saying give them away,

If your considering selling and don’t know which one….. why not figure out what you would be happy with or want for either one $$$$. Put them both if for sale with a FRIM price tag. The one that goes first goes.. you have the other one left. No guilt on your part for picking which one you keep. Cars like yours are hard to decide which one you like better. If you need to sell one as stated their worth allot $$$$ these days then remove the guilt and agony of trying to decide which one and let they are potential buyers decide by which one sells first. You never know Who might see the ad some may want the project some may want the running driving one. Good luck and sorry that you may have to sell a toy.

The '69 is what's in your way of your '70 build. Causing conflict. I am willing to buy the '69 from you so focus can be restored to you and you're own. I'm selfless that way.

(I'm afraid to look. Is he by chance buying my poor sales pitch?)

Auto Transport Service
Back