• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

which hood would you run?

keep them both and switch them out when you get bored

Then what about the stripe down the fender. Won't the hood look a little out of place with fenders half painted and the 6 pack painted all black?

I was thinking If the car was black and the hood satin, it wouldn't really matter much would it?

No one is gonna be looking at this details unless it's being shown. it's not gonna be a show car It's a Satellite. So lets have fun and run em both. :eek:ccasion14:

Dodge hood 001.jpgHere is the hood that I would use....

.BTW I was at a car show when a lift off hood was caught up in the wind and landed against someones show car Rather tense there for a while!.........................MO

View attachment 176799Here is the hood that I would use....

.BTW I was at a car show when a lift off hood was caught up in the wind and landed against someones show car Rather tense there for a while!.........................MO

I was at a motorcycle show and a drunk idiot was racing around on a motorized bar stool contraption. He cut a turn to fast and the top heavy pos flipped up into the air. Dude did a face plant and the bar stool landed in a row of show bikes waiting to be judged. That was a tense situation.

Funny thing , when these cars were new. We couldn't wait to start bolting things on.
Yup....first thing to come off of them was usually the dual snorkel air cleaners and into the dumpster they went!! Next were factory shifters on the stick cars then aluminum intakes and headers went on and for the savvy ones, a set of 3.91 or 4.10 gears along with a cam change. I never swapped out my hood because I couldn't find one for a decent price but later on, my first car went from a small block to a blg block as soon as I could which was about a year and a half after I got it. I still do that sort of stuff but only do it to the cars that are low line cars like /6 models etc.

Were talking about a 69 Satellite 318 car with the original drive train long gone here. I guess the hood really doesn't matter since its been sitting under a cover in the back yard for over a year now. I had to go and buy a 73 and 72 charger like I have the time to restore any of them. It's been a fun post tho. HA!!

Isn't it nice that we're having weather .... :bom:

Well here's my vote lol you don't have to have a real A12 to still have fun with a functional scoop ;) (mines use's the oem hinges with softer springs. Of course I have my OEM hood on hand if I ever change things up. Sure is fun and get's a lot more attention. There is just something about looking over that scoop on the street.

20130420_083410_zpsdf0e3b9e.jpg

Man, I am loving that set up. I have always like the hood pin look but I defiantly want springs in the back. Is that an aftermarket hood or just scoop?

I agree with the majority about "customizing" your car, unless is a numbers matching Hemi powered Superbird, or Daytona, or Charger or some other rare car, then yes original resto is the way to go. If your car is not complete, or some original parts are not there, then you have a choice of how to build your ride, original or modified. My car was partially restored when I got it and I am finishing it up, but as time, money are available will keep at it. It's a "work in progress", It needs some bodywork and paint , but it's good enough for me for now, and with 2 kids in college, paint will have to wait....lol. I tried to go factory as possible, but with some engine mods for more performance, the biggest thing is the fact that the engine and trans are matching, but I removed the trans(kept all the parts), and dropped in a 833 4-speed, I prefer a manual, I don't care, it's mine, I paid for it, my time is in it, I'm not selling it, let my kids worry about it. It could be put back. I also had a six-pack fiberglass hood made for me about 10 years ago in my garage that I might put on someday, if I decide to use my six-pack setup, but since it's not a A12, I will probably use the springs instead of a lift off. Just my 2 cents.

I love the lift off hoods so much I bought one for my '70. I vote for Lift off.
IMG_0677.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back