• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which SS leaf springs are 66-67 B Body guys using?

Guys thanks for the info. I knew that there was talk about putting extra front clamps on and i figured that was to stop the front segment from forming an "s" bend on launch and i had heard something about the removal of the rear clamps to let the springs lift more but i really couldn't wrap my head around that . The 002/003 springs i got have a shorter from segment ,as you know ,to help with the wrap up but what i didn't know was that the main leaf is also thicker and doesn't play well with cal tracks. I would love to see a video of a launch on a car with ss springs and cal tracks to see exactly whats doing what in slow motion.I also wish the guy that sold me the cal tracks had said something as he know i was running 002/003 springs,hell i even bought new bushings for the shackles from him and we had to go through the whole b body bushing size and the a body bushing size of the 002/003 's. This is far from my first car build but i have never used ss springs or cal tracks for that matter.Thanks for the great info. Are mono leaves any good on the street ?.Can you get them 2" over as i have a 30" tall cheater slick that i'm running?.
YEAn& YES.
I have been street driving my heap since I bought it 30 years ago.Put the Caltrac system on with the 5 way adjustable ranchos.With an increase in HP I found the 5 clickers just didn't cut it. Went with a set of 4 Viking DA shocks and picked up some more with better axel control and no spin.

IMG_9941.JPG IMG_9960.JPG

I was expecting my SS springs to raise the rear a lot but they didn't. My car sits pretty low, a little too low for me. I think the newer ones are made in a different place and seem saggier if that makes sense.

I just installed some new 3800lb SS springs from Summitt Racing on my Satellite. Used the extended spring perch. Placed front on top hole. Seems about same height as I was running with air shocks

79C97177-B40C-48EB-BEB0-2C5D37F2F656.jpeg A033900F-F3CC-4772-B89B-C19F674A4AC3.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back