• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which SSBC Brake kit

dodge68charger

Local time
12:50 PM
Reaction score
i ve decided to go with the SSBC front disc brake kit and keep the original drum brakes on the rear of the car. They show a few kits on their site and im not sure which one to go for, the car was an original power drum car but the power booster/master cylinder and brake lines are long gone. Any suggestions would be really helpful, Thanks

I personally don't like the SSBC power brake kit - they use some GM street rod booster and master cylinder with funky brackets... just doesnt seem right to me. If it were me - I would order a booster and master from a local parts house, lines from Fine Lines or similar, and the front disc brake kit from SSBC - I have their basic kit on the front and rear of my 68 Charger -- They use 1965 mustang rotors / calipers with a custom bracket to mount them.... parts are easy to replace and find and they aren't "gucci" - they simply work.

Just looking for something that will bolt on, ssbc offer 2 kits, a156 and a156-1, not sure which one to use? their tech section is of no help.

Trying to find a front disc brake setup including master cylinder and power booster that will bolt on a 68 dodge charger with FACTORY POWER DRUM brakes is becoming a real a nightmare!

use the A156 kit, but you will need to purchas a factory replacement booster seperately from a parts store. the A156-1 kit includes a booster but will not fit an original power brake car. I put the kit on my charger several year ago and love it. I converted the rear to power brakes a 2 years ago and they work great. only negative side is the pads they include need some heat in them before they really start to grab.

Just for your Guys information we are now an SSBC dealer I was in the process of putting a press release together concerning our partner ship. We have very good pricing on thier kits and you can use your members discount as well.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288

Just for your Guys information we are now an SSBC dealer I was in the process of putting a press release together concerning our partner ship. We have very good pricing on thier kits and you can use your members discount as well.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288

Is the pricing on the site?

If i buy an aftermarket bendix booster , where can i find a disc/drum master cylinder. If i decide to go with wilwood front brake kit. I noticed their site only has disc/disc cylinders

We are working on getting on the site as we speak but if you call in to the sales staff they can give you a price quote. Just give them the SSBC Kit number you are interested in.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

I just bought a rear disc convertion from strange and its really nice, billet 4 piston calipers, they also have front brakes as well too. I believe for $600 for the fronts and I paid $445 for the rear.

Aren't the strange rear disc's for racing as they dont have an e-brake?

Summit racing sells a re-branded ssbc kit under their name, if you are looking into that route.

Same also goes for SSBC competition series rear brake kit. There is no provision for the e -brake just an FYI

Thats until a total failure of the braking system, and then you **** your pants as you head towards that tree or wall, worse case, another family on the road. Street driven cars are supposed to have an e-brake, and if Ca. ever starts a inspection program like other states, a car will fail. I'm not getting on anyones case, imo, e-brakes are a neccesary part are a street legal vehicle.

good point, but that why checks are always good, plus you can always downshift to slow down a car. Course ill take out a tree before I take out another car. I know for me that's why I'm converting to hydroboost instead of vaccum. Don't worry don't think anyones taking it the wrong way. Its all good my friend.

Auto Transport Service
Back