• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which sure grip unit to buy?

superbeedave

Local time
6:59 PM
Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking to install a new sure grip unit for my 69 Superbee, where to buy one that is a good unit and not so expensive.

Thanks,
Dave

Don't think there really is a cheap option with used ones going for $400-600 unless you find someone that doesn't know what they have. Heard good things about Dr Diff.

I'll only buy the Tru Trac now. Great street piece, and you'll never break it or wear it out.

I'm not too familiar. Doesn't Dr Diff have a limited slip unit that works with the open carrier and gearset the op already has?

I'm not too familiar. Doesn't Dr Diff have a limited slip unit that works with the open carrier and gearset the op already has?
I’m not 100% sure about that, best thing to do would be give him a call. Cass will answer emails all night too, when I first inquired about my s60 he responded to my email on a Sunday night around 10pm.

Why spend close to 450 for that piece of **** when you can get a clutch style sure grip from Cass for a little less money or toss a few bucks more for True Trac?

I've always been a believer in the clutch type limited slip. Can be rebuilt. Had a couple before I went Dana, clutch type too. The Detroit Lockers always seemed to work well. Sure did "chirp" on the street though.

I also have a 489 case with an Eaton Truetrac. Works great and no worries about it breaking or replacing clutches.

Another vote for Eaton Tru Trac. No special additives and a very robust design. Mine has been great, corners like an open, accelerates like a sure grip.

I bought a sure grip from the dealer up here in Canada was the cheapest place to buy it

Hey all,
Looking to install a new sure grip unit for my 69 Superbee, where to buy one that is a good unit and not so expensive.

Thanks,
Dave
No need to get fancy, powr-lok sure grip for $395 will work fine, its rebuildable and I have run one in a 489 behind 500+ hp and a 4spd for over 10 years. Still lays down thick even black strips.

Hey all,

Thanks,
Dave
I just bought a complete NEW 489 8.75 and TRUE trac from MOSER, No wear issues no special oils, and I bracket race with 13" x 29 slicks , also replaced axles as mine orginals, were worn on splines, the Tru Trac take a beating and work well on street ,

Auto Transport Service
Back