• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White gear indicator background paint

Smokinnjokin

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
My paint behind the gear indicator letters (column auto) is flaking off. Its white, but I am afraid to just touch up with regular enamel because the stuff seems to be some kind of special luminescent paint to glow from the faint light from a tiny 1445 bulb shining thru a pinhole cover.
Any ideas as to what to use to touch this stuff up?

The light does not come through the paint. It is from the front into the lexan, so the key is that the white is bright and solid so the light does not escape. The white is covered by a black plate. These pictures should help you see what I mean.

IMG_1234.JPG
IMG_1235.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1238.JPG

I used a standard spray paint on mine but have not installed it yet because I need to put the PRND12 back on, mine totally faded away as you can see.

I hope this helps.

RGAZ

Anybody ever get an answer to this? I spent about 20 minutes here at Home Depot looking for a paint that might work, but nothing seem to fit the bill

Dont rule out a pearl finish white nail polish .
Paint the backside of the piece

Yep, just a bright white. Like a movie screen - you want a max-reflective color, but non-luminous. Plain ol' white. And paint the backside of the lexan, so the lexan can carry the light across the face.

Auto Transport Service
Back