• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Ships? We Have Aircraft and Trains.

La Grande Hermine.. abandoned along the QEW in Ontario, it's now barely visible since the government had the masts removed..

hemine.JPG

S.S. Keewatin.. cruise ship museum in Port McNicoll, Ontario. Has the same engine configuration as Titanic. Scheduled to be moved to Thunder Bay, Ontario to a location that attracts more visitors.

Keewatin.jpeg

S.S. Badger runs ferry service between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconson. The last passenger ship in operation that runs on coal. Has a sister ship S.S. Spartan that is not in operation and is used for spare parts.

badger.jpg

USS San Francisco after hitting a uncharted mountain while doing a flank bell. Unlike other CO's.. Kevin accepted full blame for it

san fran.jpg

S.S. Keewatin.. cruise ship museum in Port McNicoll, Ontario. Has the same engine configuration as Titanic. Scheduled to be moved to Thunder Bay, Ontario to a location that attracts more visitors.

View attachment 1450830
Slightly different engines compared to the Titanic. Titanic had two triple expansion steam engines plus a Parsons steam turbine. Keewatin has a single quadruple expansion engine turning a single prop.

Slightly different engines compared to the Titanic. Titanic had two triple expansion steam engines plus a Parsons steam turbine. Keewatin has a single quadruple expansion engine turning a single prop.
Thanks... I just saw it in news article about it moving and it saying it was same setup.

Boats I've served on. Only one missing is the USCG Northland, can't find that to save my life.

Bottom one we were sent on to see how they handled alchohol underway. With taps in the bulkheads running to the kegs somewhere, a couple of us needed to be roped out of the hatches.

IMG_0001.JPG

Last edited:
USS Recruit.. aka USS Neversail. where you learned to shine brasswork, inhale tear gas and make phone calls home..

USS RECRUIT.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back