• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who restores 67coronet RT Tail Panel

I had a guy tell me that he had his 67 GTX finish panel redone by All Trim Plus in Sandy , Oregon. I wrote the name down, but have never contacted them.

I'd like mine done also. Have heard of expensive prices

What is the finish panel made of?

The 67 RT/500 trunk finish panel is made of pot metal and the 67 GTX trunk finish panel is made of extruded aluminum.

I just refinshed the tail panel for my 67 RT. The panel is Pot metal. The panel was acid dipped, then media blasted. I took it to Nel Metal polishing in Philadelphia. For 800.00 they fixed the pits on the ribs and outer band. Then plated it twice, before it would hold. Then I brought it home primed between the ribs. I taped the rib tops off Then the remaining valleys between ribs I filled with red lead, sanded with a rubber block in water. Dried with IPA alcohol, then sprayerd it with semi gloss trim paint. This part took 4 nights at the kitchen table. Most shops want 3k to do it. Insane.

Auto Transport Service
Back