• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who sells 10" 63 brake drums?

Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Who sells drums for my 63 polara? The parts guys keep getting me a drum that my hub sits loose in. Have you guys been through this? Any part numbers?

I'm assuming that your Polara has the original tapered axle rear end. I havent been able to find a source for new drums either. Wildcat Auto Wrecking in Sandy Or. may have some used drums that could be turned. Since they are fairly close to your location you could give them a try. I will keep looking. Raybestos has a part # 2915R for their rear drums on their website. Have you tried those?

Frickin awesome link!!!!

Want a couple ?

I have the original drum to drum from my 63 Savoy sitting inside the garage. Make me an offer I can`t refuse. I`m near Boise. Don

Who sells drums for my 63 polara? The parts guys keep getting me a drum that my hub sits loose in. Have you guys been through this? Any part numbers?

If you are asking if the front drum comes off without removing the hub,the answer is yes:eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the link to your great article Jon. I wish I had this info when I did my brakes. I was lucky my drums were in good enough shape to turn. I will print it out and keep it in file.

Thanks for the link to your great article Jon. I wish I had this info when I did my brakes. I was lucky my drums were in good enough shape to turn. I will print it out and keep it in file.

Great article...if you can get your drums off!:angry9:

We've tried on a couple of different cars and it was easier just to get a housing out of a later b-body and just swap them out!

My old neighbor had a "never say die!" attitude and was trying to do the rear drums in his '63 880. He about broke his hand in the process and gladly accepted the free E-body housing that bolted up perfectly that I had been offering him the whole week!

Nice to go to a later axle if one is available locally and can be had for a decent price. I was lucky enough to able to borrow a puller like the one shown in Centerline's link. Wasn't easy, but they came off with that puller, a small sledge and a little sweat. Remember to leave the nut on the axle flush with the end to prevent damage to the threads and to keep the hub from flying across the shop when it finally breaks loose. Very dangerous!!! Be careful and wear eye and ear protection. Don't be shy with the hammer, be patient and you will be able to remove your drums

Nice to go to a later axle if one is available locally and can be had for a decent price. I was lucky enough to able to borrow a puller like the one shown in Centerline's link. Wasn't easy, but they came off with that puller, a small sledge and a little sweat. Remember to leave the nut on the axle flush with the end to prevent damage to the threads and to keep the hub from flying across the shop when it finally breaks loose. Very dangerous!!! Be careful and wear eye and ear protection. Don't be shy with the hammer, be patient and you will be able to remove your drums
Quite true. However, once you get them off a little anti-sieze on the axle will keep that from happening again.

Had the puller from the get go. Had no problem removing the drums. No drums were available. Until a gentleman on here sold me a good used set. Car is back on the road!
Quite true. However, once you get them off a little anti-sieze on the axle will keep that from happening again.

Had the puller from the get go. Had no problem removing the drums. No drums were available. Until a gentleman on here sold me a good used set. Car is back on the road!
The drums are available at Napa. Part number ND 4401056. $77.40 each. If you replace the wheel studs you can use the 65 and later drum which is also available at Napa... part number ND 4401129 at $31.50 each.

My Belvedere has 11" rear drums. Do you think that I could use the NAPA part number 440-1168 drums for the 66 thru 70 cars to make the same conversion?

My Belvedere has 11" rear drums. Do you think that I could use the NAPA part number 440-1168 drums for the 66 thru 70 cars to make the same conversion?
I see no reason why it wouldn't fit as long as the bolt circle and width (2 1/2") is the same. Usually Napa stores, unlike some of the other "chain" stores are pretty good at letting you see if it will fit. Talk to them and explain what you're trying to do and see if they'll let you buy one to see if it fits and return it if it doesn't.

Auto Transport Service
Back