• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who sells round carb air filter for 67 Dodge 426 Hemi 2-4 barrel ?

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new air filter for my car. I have the 426 Hemi with 2-4 barrel carbs.
Thank you in advance, Dean.

There are a very few, highly expensive repro filters around from a batch made years ago. Not wanting a $500 or $1000 air filter I bought a K&N for around $110. That was the only replacement I could find. I cleaned my old one (not sure of its origin) with carb spray cleaner and stored it away in a box - just because I couldn’t stand to throw something that rare and scarce away.

I bought a K&N E-1920 from Amazon for a 68' Hemi car with the round chrome air cleaner. Expensive, but it works.

I have been using one of those K&N's for years. Wash and re-oil it every time I do a tune up (which can be years, lol). I have one of the old reproduction paper ones that I will use while I am waiting for the K&N to dry if I need to take the R/T for a ride. I have not been able to find a suitable alternative.

Dean - I have 2 NOS Mopar filters. I'd be willing to part with one of them. PM me if you're interested.

I think it’s 18-1/4 “ OD. I went through a bunch of sizing charts for some of the major filter manufacturers last year and couldn’t come up with anything even close to it. I want to say that includes WIX but I don’t clearly remember. It won’t hurt to check but I would not get your hopes up. I would see what 64BEL will sell you one for or just get the K&N.

There are a very few, highly expensive repro filters around from a batch made years ago. Not wanting a $500 or $1000 air filter I bought a K&N for around $110. That was the only replacement I could find. I cleaned my old one (not sure of its origin) with carb spray cleaner and stored it away in a box - just because I couldn’t stand to throw something that rare and scarce away.

I have the old one and will not throw that away. I just thought it would be nice to have a "clean" air filter. I will check with K&N. Thank you.

I looked through manufacturers charts as well and didn't find anything.

Currently have the K&N and also an NOS paper mopar filter. Next time on the dyno I will do a comparison. (but guessing they would be the same)

I have the KN in mine and no interest in looking for nos

I was contacted by a Forum member who had a NOS filter that I bought from him and am very grateful that he parted with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back