• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who supports ethanol

ga66mopar

Local time
7:54 PM
Reaction score
I hate ethanol and I don't think ethanol does anyone any good. I don't usually discuss politics but this must be pointed out.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politi...wt-gingrich-ethanol-campaign-donor/51682042/1

Gingrich's support for ethanol subsidies puts him starkly at odds with some of his party's prominent conservatives, who have pushed to end the $6 billion-a-year subsidy. It also offers another example of the ways Gingrich has amassed millions as a consultant since leaving Congress in 1999.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney supports the subsidies, while other contenders, including Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, oppose them.

Last edited:
We Should EAT corn, not burn it.... (with
the right amount of lead in it it might be ok)

so, I donot support ethanol!

has nothing to do with my political preferences
or views.

Sonny Black

I'm ok with it for drinking .....

We need to drill for oil off our own shores, buy it from our good Canadian friends or from friendly south american countries (if we have any left) and stop listening to the those stupid eco wackos. We should stop buying it from the arabs who hate us. If ethanol prevents us from buying even one gallon from them I am all for it.

Benji

Ethanol can be made with other 'stuff' besides corn....but I still don't like it for many reasons. Nat gas on the other hand would be a LOT better and we have plenty of it.

Ethanol sucks as it destoys rubber parts of fuel systems, absorbs water and causes general havoc to FI and carbs.

Also causes food prices all over the world to spike upwards because it is used to make expensive fuel instead of animal and people food.

Also raises your taxes......who do you think pays for the 5 to 6 BILLION dollars in subsidies to make it affordable to use in a car.

The crap sucks !! :angryfire:

I can live with it in my newer vehicles. I hate it for my older stuff and I hate the lies and deception (ie: politics) associated with it. Where I lived until a few mos ago we had a station that sold race gas and non-ethenol 92. It usually cost about $0.25 per gal more than the 87 octane corn squeezins and I used it exclusively. I haven't yet found a supplier in my new 'hood, but I'm lookin'.

Ethanol, in one work...SUCKS. It will destroy anything made of rubber, over a period of time. Rubber fuel lines, carb parts, fuel pump parts etc. All your lawn equipment also, mowers, chain saws, tillers. This stuff is bad and no one will tell you the truth about what's going on. I got the word from my mechanic and he sees the destruction everyday. If you don't put an additive in your fuel, it will all come back to get you. Corn is for eating, not for fuel. DRILL FOR OIL, it right under our feet.

I support ethanol if it can support itself. Personally i've never bought it. If it's a good product for something then it shouldn't need subsidies, just like anything else. Let the good ideas/products flourish and the bad ones go away because no one buys them.

I rock E85 as cheap race gas in my fwd turbo Chryslers :) Of course my lines, fuel pump and injectors can handle it. I don't like the politics and bad national business decisions made over it though.

Our local Citgo stations are advertizing ethanol free 92.
It's 30 cents more /gal.
Seems like Chavez (or his "people") has at least one good idea.

I'm ok with it..... The corn crop is not suffering from this BTW..... Their is corn going to mold all the time because it's not being used up, and once this happens it's thrown out because not even cattle can eat it. The government pays to not plant the field or harvest from time to time too. The government is to blame for fees placed on Ethanol raising the price to equal that of gasoline! It's no suprise to me though,,,, they continually "F" up everything thats related to money and debt!
I think alternative fuels are well worth looking into, and the ability to reduce our dependancy on foreign oil is a good idea too! I will never give up my fuel burning beast of an engine, but I dont mind if it comes from an ear of corn or a dinosaurs decaying ***.
My 2 cents....

Our local Citgo stations are advertizing ethanol free 92.
It's 30 cents more /gal.
Seems like Chavez (or his "people") has at least one good idea.

I don't like it, but I "WILL" buy gas with some ethanol in it. I "WILL NOT" buy any gas from Citgo...... :angry9:

I like Stumper! Lets drink it! Thing is, there is alot of power to be made if you have a good supply of E85, and build your motor FOR it!

Lots of ethanol is made from "cellulose", which can be soy stalks, among other things.

We got a new ethanol transfer station down the road a couple of years ago.

Just a mobile home, some railroad tracks, and a place to turn trucks around, but at least a few people are working there.

Some of the rail cars even say "soy pruducts" on them.

Auto Transport Service
Back