• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's had experience with Original Air?

rt-man

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting nothing even after charging the system, think the compressor is shot.

Has anyone worked with Original Air restoring services? How much to rebuild the compressor? I gotta figure the shipping will be pricey for the RV2.

Thanks.

I'm getting nothing even after charging the system, think the compressor is shot.

Has anyone worked with Original Air restoring services? How much to rebuild the compressor? I gotta figure the shipping will be pricey for the RV2.

Thanks.
Did you vacuum the system?

I would definitely vacuum the system before sending out the compressor. That is one of the main steps before adding any 134 or r12.

Thanks.
used them to restore my heater ac box. Looks great. yet to install it tho. I will probably send my compressor to them as well but have not priced it yet...

Was this system ever open, lines off? What are your high and low pressures? Will the clutch kick in?
The clutch works as it should. System was opened a few years ago, new O-rings installed and charged.

The clutch works as it should. System was opened a few years ago, new O-rings installed and charged.
Was it vacuumed down then and did it work ok? What are your pressures now.

I bought a vacuum pump like this one, back before Covid off Amazon. Less then $200 and money well spent. The A/C systems I've serviced with it are still running strong.
1690419088374.png

Amazon ProductID B000XQ2S4M

Thanks.

All I can say right now as far as Original Air, don't bother, something is going on there and they've had my a/c lines for restoration for 8 months.

Does the compressor have power to it? First things to check. Proper pressure, and you say you just charged it, so see if it has power to the compressor plug with the A/C switched on and engine running if the clutch is not engaging. If the clutch is engaging get a set of gauges on it, see where you're pressure is at, and you can determine if its a compressor problem.

Other question, is it converted to R134A?

Last edited:
All I can say right now as far as Original Air, don't bother, something is going on there and they've had my a/c lines for restoration for 8 months.

Does the compressor have power to it? First things to check. Proper pressure, and you say you just charged it, so see if it has power to the compressor plug with the A/C switched on and engine running if the clutch is not engaging. If the clutch is engaging get a set of gauges on it, see where you're pressure is at, and you can determine if its a compressor problem.

Other question, is it converted to R134A?
They did a good job on my heater ac box as noted, but I tried to contact them via email to have them rebuild my compressor and no response....does seem something going on.....

They USED to be great. Ever since one of their longtime and best employees (Curtis) retired, their customer service has turned to ****. Curtis and I worked together on several projects for my Charger and he was awesome. At one point he warned me that he was retiring soon and to get anything I needed done before he left. I've used them a few times since on my 70 Cadillac and have had nothing but nightmares. No return phone calls, no tech help, not even anyone able to tell me what the status of repair work being done on my items during the repairs. I would only use them as a last resort. The problem is they have a monopoly on this niche market.

They never responded to my complaint that the new drier to expansion valve hose is incorrectly made.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back